Heard this straight from the resort today. Here are the new stats:

101 trails (up from 89 so, 12 new ones) of which 60 Trails, 41 Glades
    434 Acres (up from 411)
    Breakdown of terrain by levels:
    35% Beginner
    40% Intermediate
    25% Expert

Greg,

Do you happen to know where the new trails will be located. Skied there late last spring and skied quit a bit off the new quad -- several trails there weren't yet open (e.g., Bode's run, anything to the skiers left as they got off the lift was also closed). I know they have long term plans to cut some terrain on Strickney (SP?) and was wondering if any of that will be cut and open this year?

Probably more trails of the flat kind.

This will probably lead them to increase the rates again and drive the locals out even more.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

My contact indicated:
    most are off the newest high speed quad over on the Rosebrook Summit side.
    some are scattered throughout other areas. some are new glades, some are
    new trails.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss

This will probably lead them to increase the rates again and drive the locals out even more.

Can the $80 weekend/holiday lift ticket be far behind?

Well, with this place, probably not. They are trying to be like Stratton, but wait, THEY AREN'T.

Are they still boasting 1500 vertical feet? Doesn't Cannon have over 600 more at less $$$?

Sorry I am still . They did a good job jacking up the price so that us locals could not ski there, and they really were not nice to Burke passholders in 2000-2001 when they suddenly revised their offer.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by ChileMass
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss

Can the $80 weekend/holiday lift ticket be far behind?
    Ummm. I must be missing something here. BW's weekend/holiday lift ticket is $59 which is on par with the likes of Loon and Sunapee...

Must be they dropped their rates or I saw the wrong thing because I did see a number that began with a 6 for their weekend/holiday rate.

For the vertical, it is not worth that much. They are on par, pricewise, with Sugarbush, which is a hell of alot more mountain!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

It's not always the mountain's vertical though trailboss. BW has 4 high speeders which on an uncrowded day can provide a lot of skiing. Think of it in terms of the total vertical you can get in a day.

Also, let's be frank. BW caters to a different clientele than a mountain like Cannon.

Don't get me wrong - I don't begrudge the company its right to make money, and if skiers will pay the highest rates, then they are again welcome to it. But - it won't surprise me if BW's weekend/holiday lift ticket goes up to Stratton levels or beyond........ BW looks like a nice hill and certainly boasts impressive facilities, but I will save my pennies and go to Loon or Cannon or Sunapee.......

Thread Information