• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Utah 2008

kingslug

I've had some of the best falls in the deep stuff. talking about double flip, double ejection.
Hell, even the locals take dives when it gets really deep. Jumped into Mineral Basin after it had been closed for a day due to too much snow, 4 feet or more!!!! This is where those nice little stringy things you tie on to you're skis come in handy. Powder Country at Powder Mountain really lives up to it's name as well.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I've had some of the best falls in the deep stuff. talking about double flip, double ejection.
Hell, even the locals take dives when it gets really deep. Jumped into Mineral Basin after it had been closed for a day due to too much snow, 4 feet or more!!!! This is where those nice little stringy things you tie on to you're skis come in handy. Powder Country at Powder Mountain really lives up to it's name as well.

Yeah purchased those lil stringy things the last time out, they came in handy a few times!

Me and Vee having a great time at Powder Mountain:

normal_P2240055.JPG

normal_P2240050.JPG

normal_P3020074.JPG

Last edited:

thaller1

Yeah - I purchased some neon green ones.glad I did! The first run w/ them I did a double eject and the only reason I found my skis was because of those green strings... that was at Powder Mountain!

I purchased a new jacket today.. :) Black & White Obemeyer..it's beeeeeeutiful...just for Utah! :)

T

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yeah - I purchased some neon green ones.glad I did! The first run w/ them I did a double eject and the only reason I found my skis was because of those green strings... that was at Powder Mountain!

I purchased a new jacket today.. :) Black & White Obemeyer..it's beeeeeeutiful...just for Utah! :)

T

Good stuff, can't wait! :) I'm starting a new job in two week, but already told them I need time off for my Utah trip!

thaller1

time for a BUMP! only 2 weeks until it is officially Fall...and we start our ski season in the Fall!! :)

5 months 'til UTAH!!!

got my eye on some fischer watea 84s... :)

SkiDog

time for a BUMP! only 2 weeks until it is officially Fall...and we start our ski season in the Fall!! :)

5 months 'til UTAH!!!

got my eye on some fischer watea 84s... :)

Im already here....arent you guys right behind me?

;-)

M

thaller1

Anyone still looking for roomies for this trip? I have a father and son who might be looking to share a two bedroom..PM me if you are interested ..thanks! T

SkiDog

got the receipt for the alta/bird pass yesterday.

Tough to purchase something with such a high price tag, but.....23 days to break even...that aint bad...I should get DOUBLE that at least.

Looking forward to meeting some AZ'ers since I never met any when I lived on the east coast.

M

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
got the receipt for the alta/bird pass yesterday.

Tough to purchase something with such a high price tag, but.....23 days to break even...that aint bad...I should get DOUBLE that at least.

Looking forward to meeting some AZ'ers since I never met any when I lived on the east coast.

M

Ah, the elusive SkiDog :lol:

thaller1

So far:
Booked
Tanya & Walter Haller 2/23-3/04 LS72a
Andy & V 2/23-3/04 LSV47
Jeff & Milagros 2/23-3/04 LSV47
Ben Edwards 2/23-3/01 LSV18
Roark 2/23/301 LSV18

Already There
SkiDog
tirolerpeter

Possible
Snowmonster and Lil Monster
KingSlug
Dr No
Snoseek
Junior

For those of you who have already booked please pm your cell numbers, I'm keeping track so we can reach each other while we are out there ...when the list is complete I'll send it to all.

T