• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Utah 2008

SkiDog

WHAT A WEEKEND....

Its been amazing here this year...

Im going to get out this afternoon I think...a mere 29" in the last 24 hours...seems like it should be enough...

;-)

M

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Snowbird reporting 368" ytd, Alta reporting 447" and they have yet to enter what is their snowiest part of the season. Can't wait, just wish V would be able to ski.:cry:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
How's she doing??? :(

She's doing better all the time. She stopped wearing a boot cast, but is still on crutches. We went to the doctor yesterday and he told her to start putting more weight on the foot and to start weening herself off the crutches. I told him about Utah and asked him if in the unlikely case she felt like putting on some skis while we were out there, if it would be ok? Basically he said that if she starts walking without a crutch and is able to put weight on her foot, it should be ok. We got home yesterday, I had to get the bike out of the basement and set it up on a trainer, she's determined.

Frankly, I'm hoping for the best, but honestly, it doesn't look to promising for skiing in Utah and I sure would not push her, it will all depend on her. Worst case, I'll cut back on my skiing and do some sight seeing with her.

dmc

Guess you're not me ;) She's my partner, we look out for each other.

I look out for my girl too.. She's my domestic partner...

She doesn't need me to shop with her... She'd rather I be skiing... she knows I hate it...

She's actually hurt right now and can't come out west.. I'm bummed... She loves Utah.. But she'd rather I go and not worry about her.. I love that about her... She looks out for me...

thaller1

I think that's great !! I'd do the same for W! :)

There are lots of cool things to do.... you could even take a ride to Idaho/Wyoming for a day... BEAUTIFUL drive and Yellowstone Park is not far!!!

Otherwise, I just love the whole area...lots of horse farms and SLC is supposed to be pretty interesting as well..have you ever checked out the temple??
T

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I look out for my girl too.. She's my domestic partner...

She doesn't need me to shop with her... She'd rather I be skiing... she knows I hate it...

She's actually hurt right now and can't come out west.. I'm bummed... She loves Utah.. But she'd rather I go and not worry about her.. I love that about her... She looks out for me...

Yeah, my wife prefers that I be skiing as well. What happened is, ticket prices were at a low right before New Years and I had to make a choice. From past experience, I knew they would go up, but wasn't sure what her condition would be. So, I decided to buy the tickets figuring that one way or another it would be a vacation, if she could ski, great. If she couldn't ski, then I figured it would still be a vacation and we could do other things. Trip to CO to check it out, other parts of UT, etc.... Doesn't mean I won't ski, still will, but want to spend time with her as well.

dmc

Yeah, my wife prefers that I be skiing as well. What happened is, ticket prices were at a low right before New Years and I had to make a choice. From past experience, I knew they would go up, but wasn't sure what her condition would be. So, I decided to buy the tickets figuring that one way or another it would be a vacation, if she could ski, great. If she couldn't ski, then I figured it would still be a vacation and we could do other things. Trip to CO to check it out, other parts of UT, etc.... Doesn't mean I won't ski, still will, but want to spend time with her as well.

Good man..

snoseek

You should take her out to atelope island, really cool place to spend a day off from skiing in the area.

kingslug

OK , sent a PM to Thaller about rates for a week stay at at Lakeside. No timeshare deals available. Either that or a hotel... But then food gets expensive.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
V (Violetta) Status report. We had pretty much given up hope that she will ski. She's still on crutches and not looking good, until today :)

Yesterday I convinced her to take a walk with me. Told her to try walking with one crutch and just holding on to my arm in case she needed support. We covered 2 blocks in about an hour, but she overcame a major hurdle by putting weight on her foot.

Today I went skiing to Hunter, came home expecting to take her for another walk. I asked her if she wanted to go, she said a bit later. Ok, later I ask, she says yes. I ask when, she says "now". I lookup, she's walking towards me with out crutches! Lil beotch, kept her mouth shut and suprised me! Next she told me to start getting her skis ready :) She's got a ways to go, but making progress in leaps and bounds, so I would be suprised if she doesn't get some turns in :) while we're in Utah!