• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Utah 2008

thaller1

V (Violetta) Status report. We had pretty much given up hope that she will ski. She's still on crutches and not looking good, until today :)

Yesterday I convinced her to take a walk with me. Told her to try walking with one crutch and just holding on to my arm in case she needed support. We covered 2 blocks in about an hour, but she overcame a major hurdle by putting weight on her foot.

Today I went skiing to Hunter, came home expecting to take her for another walk. I asked her if she wanted to go, she said a bit later. Ok, later I ask, she says yes. I ask when, she says "now". I lookup, she's walking towards me with out crutches! Lil beotch, kept her mouth shut and suprised me! Next she told me to start getting her skis ready :) She's got a ways to go, but making progress in leaps and bounds, so I would be suprised if she doesn't get some turns in :) while we're in Utah!

I knew she could do it!!! GREAT news!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO go beotch!! :) and I mean that in the best sense!! Utah here we come!!

T

thaller1

4 days and counting!!

Our plan is to hit Powder Mtn. Sunday ( our first day out )... unless there's a storm somewhere else.

Skidog
Tirolerpeter

Dr. No
Snoseek

Will we see ya next week??
T

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Okay, I just got back from my week at Alta & Snowbird and all I can say is ...

You are going to be sporting some serious smiles out there.
:)

Just remember to ignore the lack of snow in Salt Lake City. It's up in the canyons, oh, yes. Up on top of the Wildcat lift I saw a stake reading 7-1/2 feet of snowpack.

snoseek

so I think I may swing into town for a couple days next week-not positive yet but someone pm cell # or something and we can meet up. probably staying down in ogden.

roark

Bags are packed, heading to BDL first thing to hopefully get on standby on the first flight out before the storm really hits.

...5 ...4 ..3