New York Yankees - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Yankees stink right now...but it's May.

How many times do Yankees fans have to listen to the champions of April/May beating their chests?

Talk to me in September. Especially you Bosox fans.

Unless Torre gets fired...then it's all over now.

BTW, Yanks made a big comeback Sat, and they kicked Mets' ass last night. A blowout.
    I understand what your sayin Jim but they just dont seem right this year, if they are 10 out next week after going to boston u wont see them again for months. I feel they need 2/3 minimum for their ego the next few days from Boston. Its almost June, will be interesting to see where they are say July 1st. If its still more than 5games i think the yanks are in trouble for the division. I know they swept 5games last year but i cant see any 5 game losing streaks at all this year for the redsox.

Torre is a class act, unlike most of their players...

Hell of a pitching staff.
    "I remember -
    Shouts of joy skiing fast through the woods"

-Neil Peart (Rush)
    "Afterimage"
    From Grace Under Pressure

Making up some ground. The bats came alive last night.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Bats are definitely there, pitching...
    "I remember -

-Neil Peart (Rush)
    "Afterimage"

Quote Originally Posted by Rushski View Post
    Bats are definitely there, pitching...
    Fine. Agreed. WAY too many questions. But, IMHO, the Red Sox have plenty to worry about in the pitching department for the second half (enough to make a difference? probably not as far as the AL East crown goes.)....

* "Big Mouth" Curt - past his prime + 2nd half swoon last year could easily be repeated

* Dice Clay - will log a ton of innings against tougher competition - 2nd half worries?

* Blisters Beckett - did I say "Blisters"?

* Wakefield - will regress to his career mean (not to mention that the Yankees seem to have him figured out)

* Papelbon - 2nd half swoon in '06 - likely to happen again? he's only a 2nd-year player, so, not 100% proven....

* Okajima - sorry, but, no way he keeps this up

Anyway, just my (jealous) two cents. Enjoy the ride, Sox fans, must be fun.

Just curious, who is actually healthy and pitching for the Yanks?

Clemens - What is he 56? Quite the franchise savior.
    Pettitte - Way past his one or two decent "prime" years.
    Rasner - Who?
    Wang - Who?
    Rivera - Once great, now? 16 games, 3 losses, 3 saves...
    Mussina - Not in Baltimore anymore. 2-2, 5.64 ERA
    Igawa - One stellar game, otherwise?

I'll take the Sox's hot-for-now pitching Vs. the Yanks' aging, ailing, untested piching any day. Maybe the yanks could afford to trade a big bat or two for some respectable pitching...
    "I remember -

-Neil Peart (Rush)
    "Afterimage"

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles View Post
    Fine. Agreed. WAY too many questions. But, IMHO, the Red Sox have plenty to worry about in the pitching department for the second half (enough to make a difference? probably not as far as the AL East crown goes.)....

* "Big Mouth" Curt - past his prime + 2nd half swoon last year could easily be repeated

* Dice Clay - will log a ton of innings against tougher competition - 2nd half worries?

* Blisters Beckett - did I say "Blisters"?

* Wakefield - will regress to his career mean (not to mention that the Yankees seem to have him figured out)

* Papelbon - 2nd half swoon in '06 - likely to happen again? he's only a 2nd-year player, so, not 100% proven....

* Okajima - sorry, but, no way he keeps this up

Anyway, just my (jealous) two cents. Enjoy the ride, Sox fans, must be fun.
    this has to be a joke........................

Hey i cant expect to beat the yankees everytime, i would have been ok with just 1 out of 3 against them in these 3 games, just not 3 in a row, i dont want any streaks developing. I can live with getting out of there with a 9.5 game lead but id be worried if it was 7.5. I watch alot of Yankee games, that was one of the better games they have played so far this year, the sox had their chances just couldlnt get any hits with people on base.

Quote Originally Posted by FRITOLAYGUY View Post
    Hey i cant expect to beat the yankees everytime, i would have been ok with just 1 out of 3 against them in these 3 games, just not 3 in a row, i dont want any streaks developing. I can live with getting out of there with a 9.5 game lead but id be worried if it was 7.5. I watch alot of Yankee games, that was one of the better games they have played so far this year, the sox had their chances just couldlnt get any hits with people on base.
    Last night just shows that it doesn't matter how "Big" your "Unit" is, its how effective your "Wang" can be.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by FRITOLAYGUY View Post
    I understand what your sayin Jim but they just dont seem right this year, if they are 10 out next week after going to boston u wont see them again for months. I feel they need 2/3 minimum for their ego the next few days from Boston. Its almost June, will be interesting to see where they are say July 1st. If its still more than 5games i think the yanks are in trouble for the division. I know they swept 5games last year but i cant see any 5 game losing streaks at all this year for the redsox.

August 1978...Yanks begin the month 14 1/2 games behind the Sox in the division and were essentially left for dead.

Who won the World Series that year?

Again, talk to me in August/September. And I'm not saying that because they've won 2 in a row.

Thread Information