• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Yankees

FRITOLAYGUY

Its just 1 game lets not get too worked up about it.. And 300 wins, honestly does a Met fan really care that glavine wins 300, i dont know of any, its not like hes wearing your cap when he goes in the Hall anyways.

JimG.

Staff member
2 out of 3 like they had to do at the minimum.

Anyone know the schedules the Yanks and Sox will be playing in the next 2 weeks?

tjf67

Don'tknow the sox schedule but we dont play a winning team for a while, I think its up to the allstar break.

JimG.

Staff member
Don'tknow the sox schedule but we dont play a winning team for a while, I think its up to the allstar break.

I thought the Yanks had a weak sched up until All-Star.

They need to pound those teams, win 4 out of every 5 games at least.

Wang looked really good last night. Mets couldn't even hit the pitches he left up.

SkiDog

Actually, we lost 1/2 game...Bosox swept SF.

Mets were fortunate Perez pitched such a gem on Friday and shut the Yanks out.

Mets pitching folded after that.

Yeah but we're still winning...Man being out here in the west I only get to see the big ticket games now....glad I got to watch this weekend.

M

tjf67

Actually, we lost 1/2 game...Bosox swept SF.

Mets were fortunate Perez pitched such a gem on Friday and shut the Yanks out.

Mets pitching folded after that.

We were hitting some hard shots but the outfielders were all over everything. How about that shot in Left field. Why that fan did not put his hand out and knock that ball away is crazy. He could have caught that ball and it would have been a double. He stood back with his arms spread out like he was doing something good. I am sure his friends are all over him about that.

JimG.

Staff member
We were hitting some hard shots but the outfielders were all over everything. How about that shot in Left field. Why that fan did not put his hand out and knock that ball away is crazy. He could have caught that ball and it would have been a double. He stood back with his arms spread out like he was doing something good. I am sure his friends are all over him about that.

A-hole is absolutely on fire. I still don't like him, but when he's putting up numbers like he has this season it sure softens the blow of having him on our team. He looks alot bigger this season, must be the HGH. And I really wish John Sterling would just be quiet...I hate that "A-bomb by A-rod" thing. I guess I should be glad I have to listen to it over and over.

I really didn't want Clemens the mercenary back, and if the Yanks were going to lose I was glad it was when he was pitching.

ComeBackMudPuddles

A-hole is absolutely on fire. I still don't like him, but when he's putting up numbers like he has this season it sure softens the blow of having him on our team. He looks alot bigger this season, must be the HGH. And I really wish John Sterling would just be quiet...I hate that "A-bomb by A-rod" thing. I guess I should be glad I have to listen to it over and over.

I really didn't want Clemens the mercenary back, and if the Yanks were going to lose I was glad it was when he was pitching.

Sorry, JimG, but I don't get Yankee fans who berate A-Rod. Yeah, sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion blah blah, but, you are wrong, he's the absolute best. He has some interesting quirks, but he's human, and he's playing out of his mind (and out of his position) for us Yankee fans. I for one am very thankful and appreciative of his play. He's the anti-Bonds on so many different levels....

As far as Clemens goes, he's a legend, the best ever (yes, arguably), and he's happy to be a Yankee. He helped the Yankees win four pennants and two World Series, so I don't really understand the hate. He might be a mercenary, but who isn't? Besides a precious few players, most Yankees are (although less than the Red Sox!!).

Let's spread the love. And not say negative things about the Yanks on a board with (I imagine) mostly Red Sox fans!

Last comment. Sorry, this is a bit of a downer, but it's a real issue, I think. I agree that the whole "bomb" thing must stop. I find all military references to home runs (or touchdowns, for that matter) to be extremely distasteful and disrepectful to those in the military and the civilian population that experiences real bombs. A home run is not a "bomb." A bomb explodes and kills people. A home run does not.

tjf67

Sorry, JimG, but I don't get Yankee fans who berate A-Rod. Yeah, sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion blah blah, but, you are wrong, he's the absolute best. He has some interesting quirks, but he's human, and he's playing out of his mind (and out of his position) for us Yankee fans. I for one am very thankful and appreciative of his play. He's the anti-Bonds on so many different levels....

As far as Clemens goes, he's a legend, the best ever (yes, arguably), and he's happy to be a Yankee. He helped the Yankees win four pennants and two World Series, so I don't really understand the hate. He might be a mercenary, but who isn't? Besides a precious few players, most Yankees are (although less than the Red Sox!!).

Let's spread the love. And not say negative things about the Yanks on a board with (I imagine) mostly Red Sox fans!

WELL SAID

GO YANKS!!!!!!!!!

JimG.

Staff member

Last comment. Sorry, this is a bit of a downer, but it's a real issue, I think. I agree that the whole "bomb" thing must stop. I find all military references to home runs (or touchdowns, for that matter) to be extremely distasteful and disrepectful to those in the military and the civilian population that experiences real bombs. A home run is not a "bomb." A bomb explodes and kills people. A home run does not.

"Hate" and "berate" are 2 pretty strong words...I sure didn't mean to say I hate A-rod, I don't even know him. I just think he does things that make life difficult for himself in the Big Apple. Like the whole sitting in the window in the restaurant thing a few weeks ago. He really loves himself alot. Makes a bit of an ass of himself. So I call him "A-hole". Right now, I'm not sorry he's on our team though.

Not a Clemens fan...I still think of him as a Red Sox. Not a team player, a mercenary out for the money. Is it coincidence the Yanks were knocking the walls apart and then scored zilch for his start, then trashed the Mets again the next 2 days? He needs to get humble and be a part of the team.

And I agree about the "A-bomb" part...tasteless.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Yeah but we're still winning...Man being out here in the west I only get to see the big ticket games now....glad I got to watch this weekend.

M

SkiDog,

There are ways around that problem....

You can buy individual games or the full season at MLB.com. Or, if you have someone back East you could hook one up to, get a SlingBox and stream games over the internet from that person's cable box.

tjf67

"Hate" and "berate" are 2 pretty strong words...I sure didn't mean to say I hate A-rod, I don't even know him. I just think he does things that make life difficult for himself in the Big Apple. Like the whole sitting in the window in the restaurant thing a few weeks ago. He really loves himself alot. Makes a bit of an ass of himself. So I call him "A-hole". Right now, I'm not sorry he's on our team though.

Not a Clemens fan...I still think of him as a Red Sox. Not a team player, a mercenary out for the money. Is it coincidence the Yanks were knocking the walls apart and then scored zilch for his start, then trashed the Mets again the next 2 days? He needs to get humble and be a part of the team.

And I agree about the "A-bomb" part...tasteless.

I think A-rod has communication problems and that is where a lot of his problems come from.

What about Giambi? Is he staying? I like him and want him to stay. He should learn how to bunt to keep teams honest.

SkiDog

SkiDog,

There are ways around that problem....

You can buy individual games or the full season at MLB.com. Or, if you have someone back East you could hook one up to, get a SlingBox and stream games over the internet from that person's cable box.

Thanks for he suggestions, however im outdoors a LOT more out here now. Sunset is at 9:07PM today here which means its still light out til like nearly 10PM so I do stuff outside...

I catch what I can when I can...and am happy enough with that I guess....we make sacrifices to live where it makes us feel better...

M

ComeBackMudPuddles

Thanks for he suggestions, however im outdoors a LOT more out here now. Sunset is at 9:07PM today here which means its still light out til like nearly 10PM so I do stuff outside...

I catch what I can when I can...and am happy enough with that I guess....we make sacrifices to live where it makes us feel better...

M

Well, if you can keep from checking the scores, you've got options. You can watch recorded games on MLB.com, or, if you can get a SlingBox set up with a friend or family member, just make sure they have a DVR and you can record the games and watch them at your convenience (SlingBox lets you control the DVR remotely).

FRITOLAYGUY

A-rod , ya know what he does that annoys the hell out of me, looks in the dugout before he throws the bat everytime he hits a homerun at home, was funny against the sox a few weeks back when he did that and the wind kept it in the yard for a 400 ft out. .Besides that how can you not like him.

FRITOLAYGUY

2 out of 3 like they had to do at the minimum.

Anyone know the schedules the Yanks and Sox will be playing in the next 2 weeks?

Here ya go Jim

Yanks.
Tue, 6/19 at Rockies 9:05p MY9, MLB.TV Mussina (3-3) Fogg (2-5) Buy
Wed, 6/20 at Rockies 9:05p YES, MLB.TV Pettitte (4-4) Francis (6-5) Buy
Thu, 6/21 at Rockies 3:05p YES, MLB.TV Clemens (1-1) Lopez (3-0) Buy
Fri, 6/22 at Giants 10:15p YES, MLB.TV Igawa (2-1) Cain (2-7) Buy
Sat, 6/23 at Giants 3:55p FOX, MLB.TV Wang (7-4) Morris (7-4) Buy
Sun, 6/24 at Giants 4:05p YES, MLB.TV Buy
Tue, 6/26 at Orioles 7:05p YES, MLB.TV Buy
Wed, 6/27 at Orioles 7:05p YES, MLB.TV Buy
Thu, 6/28 at Orioles 7:05p YES, MLB.TV Buy
Fri, 6/29 Athletics 7:05p MY9, MLB.TV Buy