New York Yankees - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FRITOLAYGUY View Post
    Hey i never said they were not going to make a run, if Boston wins tonite they win 2 series in a row, thats all i care about, the yanks are hot, they are not gonna keep winning 8 ina row 10/12, thats how the sox were when they started the season now they are playing normal baseball and the yankees will again soon themselves thats just baseball. Its not like the yankees are never going to lose a game in the standings again, just not when your winning 8 in a row, but i give them credit they got it done quickly i thought it would take a little longer.
    Reread my last post...I added a few wild predictions just to make things interesting.

Yanks/Sox...nothing beats it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post

Go out on a limb? Why not! I'll go on record as saying that if the Boston lead is down to 5 games at the All-Star break they will be lucky to get into the playoffs as a wildcard and that the Yanks will win the division easily.

JIM im with ya on down to 5 games...maybe less....Boston has begun its yearly slide..

Seriously Boston would've been better off if they never won the Series.. Now they got no identity...nothing to complain about...just another team that plays baseball now..Cubs are the only team that can complain anymore.

The Yanks, though, can do as much chest thumping as they like...How many series?? Too many to count...

M

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post

The Yanks, though, can do as much chest thumping as they like...How many series?? Too many to count...

M

This century ------ lets see ----- That would be the big Zero ---- even as a sox fan I can count that high.

Quote Originally Posted by tree_skier View Post
    This century ------ lets see ----- That would be the big Zero ---- even as a sox fan I can count that high.
    I know I know...they've only won more than a QUARTER CENTURIES WORTH altogether....that means nothing i guess..

Keep holding onto that 1 you got over there in bean town...it'll be another 60+ years til the next...

M

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
    I know I know...they've only won more than a QUARTER CENTURIES WORTH altogether....that means nothing i guess..

Keep holding onto that 1 you got over there in bean town...it'll be another 60+ years til the next...

M
    Thats like saying the Celtics are the best team in the NBA because of all of thier Championships.

kewl math. 5+1=1

You can has Cheezburger now
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Thats like saying the Celtics are the best team in the NBA because of all of thier Championships.
    Saying they havent won one this century is like saying Tiger Woods is on a downslide because he hasnt won a major this year...

Are the Yanks expected to win EVERY year? I dont think so....but they win it a LOT MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM....and I think in the last say 20 years have STILL won it more than any other team...NUFF SAID...

The Yankees ARE baseball....without them baseball would be a mere shadow of what it is now...their history is second to none..

M

But the Celtics are recognized as the NBA team with the most championships by far (like the Yanks), the team that was a dynasty for over a decade (like the Yanks), a dynasty that won 8 straight championships (better than the Yanks ever did). They may not be good right now, but anyone who knows anything about the NBA will recognize the Celtics as the greatest NBA team ever.

And I'm a Knicks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    kewl math. 5+1=1

You can has Cheezburger now
    He needs brain food...his memory pre-1918 is a bit fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    He needs brain food...his memory pre-1918 is a bit fuzzy.
    Still count..mumble...mumble...
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information