• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Yankees

ComeBackMudPuddles

I don't want to see that...Yanks/Sox playoff baseball is the best.

I don't know about that. I doubt many Sox fans would weep if the Yankees didn't qualify.

And last year's Sox-less playoffs were pretty nice, especially after the five-game massacre in August.

That being said (as a Yankees fan, it needed to be said), I like Red Sox-Yankees playoffs. I doubt anything can compare to the 2003-2004 ALCS's. Amazing stuff.

FRITOLAYGUY

Jim the redsox are going to lose the division on purpose that way the Angels will still play the Yanks in the 1st round because cleveland is about to overtake them, i knew there was a purpose to this, they are too good to choke away this division right?

FRITOLAYGUY

rob56789

1.5 games now this is shaping up to be a great ending to the season. Moe got me a little scared at the end there they shouldve just let joba finish the game.

BeanoNYC

Yankees stink right now...but it's May.

How many times do Yankees fans have to listen to the champions of April/May beating their chests?

Talk to me in September. Especially you Bosox fans.

Just thought I'd throw this post from May out there. Like I've said, I've purposely stayed out of this thread until recently because I blew my top last fall in a similar thread....but I've lurked the entire summer. It's interesting to reread everyone's comments and predictions now.

BeanoNYC

I don't want to see that...Yanks/Sox playoff baseball is the best.

I agree, but I would find it hard not to chuckle silently to myself.

1.5 games now this is shaping up to be a great ending to the season. Moe got me a little scared at the end there they shouldve just let joba finish the game.

He's been scaring me a lot lately. I'm having a tough time coming to terms with the fact that he's past his prime. There will never be another closer like him.

Last edited:

ComeBackMudPuddles

DesktopJaws.jpg

rob56789

He's been scaring me a lot lately. I'm having a tough time coming to terms with the fact that he's past his prime. There will never be another closer like him.

Yeah when hes on theres no one i'd rather have closing for us but hes been a little shaky lately, still getting the job done but i would rather not be so nervous when hes pitching

ComeBackMudPuddles

So, the Yankees trailed Red Sox by 14 1/2 games after games of May 29, and now it's 1 1/2. When the team pulls it off and wins the division, it'll be a big deal. But, just how big of a deal?

How about the second greatest comeback ever?? Even eclipsing (gulp) the Red Sox's famous 1978 collapse....

Year Team Deficit

1914 Braves 15 games
1978 Yankees 14 games
1951 Giants 13 games
1995 Mariners 13 games
1911 A's 12 games
1930 Cardinals 12 games
1973 Mets 12 games

tjf67

More important to me is that we have a 5.5 game lead in the wild card race. I would like to go by Boston to shut there annoying fans up but Its more importnat to me to keep winning games and make the playoffs.
GO YANKS

JimG.

Staff member
Just thought I'd throw this post from May out there. Like I've said, I've purposely stayed out of this thread until recently because I blew my top last fall in a similar thread....but I've lurked the entire summer. It's interesting to reread everyone's comments and predictions now.

Beat me to it!

And I've got one for when the Yanks pass the Bosox and win the division.

GAGne fever has infected their pen...Papelbon gave up a grand slammer that ended any comeback hopes last night.

But now the Yanks have to play Toronto...no more back and forth winning 5 and then losing 4. They have to win out if they want the division.

JimG.

Staff member
Division-Boston.
Wildcard-Yankees.

As of now, that would mean NY plays Cleveland.

Go Boston, beat the Angels!

FRITOLAYGUY

Division-Boston.
Wildcard-Yankees.

As of now, that would mean NY plays Cleveland.

Go Boston, beat the Angels!

See i find this funny, the big bad Yankee fans know they cant beat the Angels and are actually rooting for the RedSox. If you are the 26time world champs you should have wanted to play the Angels in the 1st Round and then beat the RedSox thats the way to do it.See the 2004 RedSox for how to do that. I never thought id see the day yankee fans are intimidated by a series, but for some reason you are when it comes to the Angels who for whatever reason the Redsox can beat. You owned Cleveland during the regular season and kept beating down the redsox for the last month, guess theres no excuse for you not to win it all this year, you got the easy road or at least make it sound like you do.