• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Yankees

ComeBackMudPuddles

See i find this funny, the big bad Yankee fans know they cant beat the Angels and are actually rooting for the RedSox. If you are the 26time world champs you should have wanted to play the Angels in the 1st Round and then beat the RedSox thats the way to do it.See the 2004 RedSox for how to do that. I never thought id see the day yankee fans are intimidated by a series, but for some reason you are when it comes to the Angels who for whatever reason the Redsox can beat. You owned Cleveland during the regular season and kept beating down the redsox for the last month, guess theres no excuse for you not to win it all this year, you got the easy road or at least make it sound like you do.

This lack of gratitude is simply atrocious! Jim throws the Sox fans a bone and they can't help but whine about it. Typical. And this "see the 2004 Red Sox" is getting old fast. No one cares. That team is long gone. And the Angels team is different now, too. Get over it.

:flag:

So, to talk about 2007. The Indians probably have the best starting pitching staff for the playoffs. Their top two guys (Sabathia and Caromona) are better than anyone else's top 2 guys, and, with the extended playoff format this year, they'll be able to pitch them more often.

Am I worried? No. Because this year will see the Yanks bring home championship number 27. And then A-Rod will get one gazillion dollars and everything will be right with the world.

And the 2004 ALCS will fade into distant memory.

FRITOLAYGUY

This lack of gratitude is simply atrocious! Jim throws the Sox fans a bone and they can't help but whine about it. Typical. And this "see the 2004 Red Sox" is getting old fast. No one cares. That team is long gone. And the Angels team is different now, too. Get over it.

:flag:

So, to talk about 2007. The Indians probably have the best starting pitching staff for the playoffs. Their top two guys (Sabathia and Caromona) are better than anyone else's top 2 guys, and, with the extended playoff format this year, they'll be able to pitch them more often.

Am I worried? No. Because this year will see the Yanks bring home championship number 27. And then A-Rod will get one gazillion dollars and everything will be right with the world.

And the 2004 ALCS will fade into distant memory.

How is that team a distant memory? There are more players still on the Sox roster this year than the Yankees have from their last world series Championship.. Im giving Jim a hard time, i really dont wanna play the Angels either but you gotta do what you gotta do.. Hey the Yanks unlike the Mets actually care about making the playoffs, and if you remember the papers from May they were dead, fire torre, Bobby Abreu is a piece of garbage , Arod is overpaid, it was nice to seee MR Steinbrenner at the game last night, the guy is in serious health and showed up to see his boys clinch , maybe the last time he will see it depending on his health, that showed me it means something to him and them, torre crying, the redsox are not even at that point yet, 13yrs in a row is alot of postseasons, and i give the Yanks alot of credit for getting there yet again, payroll or not which as a sox fan i can no longer complain about, it takes a cool headed coach to keep all those Egos in check and the yanks will miss Mr Torre just as much as Mariano when he leaves. Regardless of who wins a Yanks/Sox 7 game series is in order again, its the best rivalry in sports, always will be PERIOD.....

ComeBackMudPuddles

I can't resist....

This guy is an ABSOLUTE JOKE. LOL.

p1_papelbon1.jpg

JimG.

Staff member
I love this thread.

All I really care about is that the ALCS is NY/Boston.

Don't really care how we get there.

FRITOLAYGUY

I love this thread.

All I really care about is that the ALCS is NY/Boston.

Don't really care how we get there.

We can only hope, hmmm Sabathia is lifetime 1-7 vs the NYY with a 7,1 ERA, thats not good lol.. Although i remember every yankee fan saying ohhhh good the Tigers, ohhh good its Kenny Rogers in game 3 its in the bag.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Did you even read the article?

Yes, I did. Your point is?

My point was that his histrionics are absurd. Look at him in that picture. Is he squeezeing something out of his rear end or is he trying to be "intimidating"?

He makes me laugh. He's good, but he makes me laugh.

tree_skier

Yes, I did. Your point is?

My point was that his histrionics are absurd. Look at him in that picture. Is he squeezeing something out of his rear end or is he trying to be "intimidating"?

He makes me laugh. He's good, but he makes me laugh.

My thoughts about Petite are pretty much the same, is he hiding behind his glove and cap or trying to be intimidating?

JimG.

Staff member
My thoughts about Petite are pretty much the same, is he hiding behind his glove and cap or trying to be intimidating?

Heh...I think he learned that dumb "peek over the glove/glare angrily" thing from Clemens.

I agree it really does not work for him visually.

JimG.

Staff member
So Jim whats your prediction for this series? I say yanks in 4, sox in 5..

The Yanks are what they are...a bunch of talented players who manage to make things difficult for themselves. As well as they played at the end of the season, they are just as able to play like they did in the beginning.

Indians are good...Yanks in 5. Just barely.

ComeBackMudPuddles

The Yanks are what they are...a bunch of talented players who manage to make things difficult for themselves. As well as they played at the end of the season, they are just as able to play like they did in the beginning.

Indians are good...Yanks in 5. Just barely.

Jim, sorry, but it seems like you didn't pay attention to the team after May 15....From about that time on they were the best team in baseball.

They're a great mix of veterans and youth that really came together as a team. No way could they have otherwise dug themselves out of that hole.

My predictions for the ALDS:

Yanks in 4.
Angels in 4.

ComeBackMudPuddles

We should really start an AL playoff thread, at this point.

Meh. I like that this thread includes the regular season. I get extra enjoyment from anticipating this year's playoffs by thinking of where the Yanks came from to get here. Can't have one without the other.

It makes sense, though, to start a new thread for the Sox, since they almost blew their seemingly insurmountable lead. That team and its fans should want to think that the playoffs gives their team a new lease on life. :smile:

skibum1321

It makes sense, though, to start a new thread for the Sox, since they almost blew their seemingly insurmountable lead. That team and its fans should want to think that the playoffs gives their team a new lease on life. :smile:

A new lease on life? Last time I checked they finished with the best record in baseball. There are ups and downs in every season - no one expected that the Sox would play .700 baseball all season. And no one expected that the Yankees would suck all season long.

FRITOLAYGUY

Well the gritty gutty yankees got smoked tonite 12-3, wow! You wanted the Tribe and not the Angels and now you have a series on your hands for sure. Sometimes as you learned last year when you wished for the Tigers it doesnt always work out the way you had it planned. And as usual Andy will have to rescue them in a big spot.