Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08 - Page 46

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 64.71%
  • No

5 9.80%
  • Not sure

13 25.49%
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    any know if Sugarbush considers this a holiday weekend and if so, would lifts open @ 8 AM tomorrow instead of the regular weekday 9 AM?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yeah, but you can't handle the upper mountain terrain anyway...

Doh! Yes, I did...

Just kidding Zee man...
    Damn, it could really suck having this 250 lbs dude accidentally falling on top of your lil scrawny ass cause he was skiing behind you trying to prove he could handle upper mountain terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Damn, it could really suck having this 250 lbs dude accidentally falling on top of your lil scrawny ass cause he was skiing behind you trying to prove he could handle upper mountain terrain.
    Not even worried. I'll just put Brian in between us to slow you down. Not that you can even catch me anyway...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Not even worried. I'll just put Brian in between us to slow you down. Not that you can even catch me anyway...
    Dude, sounds like a challenge. Be forwarned, I may not have the purtiest form, but I'm not scared of speed. 250 lbs coming at you!

OK, about to leave. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, you too Greg.

Dude, sounds like a challenge. Be forwarned, I may not have the purtiest form, but I'm not scared of speed. 250 lbs coming at you!

See you tonight/tomorrow. You're staying at the Lion, right?

See you tonight/tomorrow. You're staying at the Lion, right?
    Yep, should be up by 10

Yep, should be up by 10
    Cool. Drive carefully. Hoping to be there by 11 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    any know if Sugarbush considers this a holiday weekend and if so, would lifts open @ 8 AM tomorrow instead of the regular weekday 9 AM?
    Almost certainly they will be starting at 9:00.

Noski dropped off the cookies today. They look good, and I've been tempted (but refraining) to dip into them.

I do hear of the single going on wind hold, but I think it spins more often than say Heaven's Gate or Summit on a windy day. Part of it is wind direction, not just wind speed. I really hope Castlerock spins tomorrow. I'll just do laps over there.
    Spot on. MRG can often spin when upper mountain lifts at the Bush can not. But as you mentioned, wind direction will be a factor. And the Double and Single head in different directions and have different wind issues. Jay already has 8" and counting, the prospect of driving over to Bush and having the place on lift hold while Jay is pushing well over a foot is not promising. Packing my skins just in case and heading to Jay tomorrow. Hope you all have good luck in the Valley regardless which mountain you end up at and perhaps another day I be able to share some more turns with y'all.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thread Information