• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08

Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
I voted "not sure." I don't have my school schedule in front of me yet...IIRC that is around the time of spring break.

Do you historically have class on Good Friday? That's normally a holiday for many places.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't see why I wouldn't be able to make Good Friday, but I can't really commit to it just yet. ;)

Greg

Staff member
I don't see why I wouldn't be able to make Good Friday, but I can't really commit to it just yet. ;)

Of course, things may certainly come up between now and then. It just seemed like a logical date that a few already showed support for. This is one of the most challenging parts about setting up one of these large gatherings. Just figured I'd throw it out there and if it works for most, then great and we move on to other details.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Do you historically have class on Good Friday? That's normally a holiday for many places.

Not my super-secular institution. Currently Fridays are open for me, but that will be filled in I imagine with my job/clinic....we'll see.

JimG.

Staff member
Someone already said it...what a bunch of sick bastards.

I assume I'll be skiing that weekend, maybe that Friday too. It would be great if it were at SB/MRG.

Can't tell you for sure today.

Greg

Staff member
Win, Susan and Eric all chiming in. They like us. They really do like us! ;)

smootharc

Um.....buddy....

I voted "not sure." I don't have my school schedule in front of me yet...IIRC that is around the time of spring break.

....seems like nobody told you that school classes are OPTIONAL. Stop being a pawn for THE MAN and decide where, when and if you WANT to go to classes. Oh, and another thing.....don't ever let classes get in the way of your edjukation !

Your Delta House pledge name is.....Zippy.

http://www.acmewebpages.com/animal/trivia.htm

P.S. Yup....I'll be there. My wife just doesn't know it yet.

snowmonster

A bunch of us got out at the Rver on good Friday this year. Good day, cause not everyone has to take a vacation day, but still kind of midweek. I would make that. snowmonster I'll write you a note. Your cool.

That'll be a pretty long note, Bob. Let's see what we can do though. Can't miss a gathering like this. Maybe I'll ski half a day. I'm amped for this trip and, as I write this post in the office, I'm wearing my Sugarbush shirt. Gotta support those who support us!

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Leadville... Timberline campus. It's the only CMC campus that offers Ski Area Operations/Management as a major.

Spoke to your dad today...got the scoop. Leadville is over 10,000ft, you'll be skiing rings around us when you come back to visit....actually, you already do that. :D When I was your age going to the Glenwood Springs campus was my fantasy college.

wa-loaf

It seems like a freakin long way off, but I put it on my calender and plan on going!

DJAK

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
skitheeast.net
:D I'm pretty stoked about it. :D

Enjoy, but be prepared to be pretty well cut off from the rest of the world up there. I spent some time on rte 24 between Leadville and Vail (which I admit was even more cut off). Ski Cooper is fun and you can get to Vail Valley in less than an hour as well as Copper Mtn. Also Monarch pretty quickly to the south. You likely know all that.

If after some time you want more of a regular college exp at CMC, the alpine campus in Steamboat is more that style.