• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08

Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Sky

Oh man...what an opportunity.

I'm putting this on my calendar, but we'll see as the winter progresses.

I've got some heavy production due out in April, and by the end of March, we could either be coasting in to the finish...or lining up for the execution (a la Chinese toy maker style).

I've never skied the Bush and this way I'd get an AZ trip PLUS the Bush. Truley a Win Win...Win! *smirk*

Thank You!

Loafer, we'll talk later!

madskier6

BUMP

I'm definitely in for Sugarbush on Good Friday. Looks like I'll be skiing the rest of the Easter weekend at Stowe since they're offering discount lift tickets to CT Ski Council members that weekend. Tough to beat $64 for 2 days of skiing at Stowe!

Has there been a consensus on when people are hitting MRG that weekend? Has a date been officially proposed by Mr. MRG? I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to hit MRG that weekend as well.

Greg

Staff member
Has there been a consensus on when people are hitting MRG that weekend? Has a date been officially proposed by Mr. MRG? I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to hit MRG that weekend as well.

Nothing official, but I'm going to hit MRG that Thursday, most likely.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

Grassi21

Our oldest will be 2.75 years old so I may want to bring her... And if we're staying possibly 2 nights, I don't want to leave our son behind either (he'll be 10 months old at that time).

There's always daycare at Sugarbush but it's like buying more lift tickets...

Hmmm....

we will be in the same boat. i want wifey to come with on this one but our little one will be close to 8 months at that point. decisions decisions....

MRGisevil

This is why I don't have kids yet. I'm too young and selfish for it. "What do I do with the kids" is a question I reeeeeeeeheeeeeeheeeeally don't want to have to answer for another 10 years or so. God bless ye parents of ski babies.

Anyway, it's a bit far out, but I'd be interested in hitting MRG that same w/e with you guys :D

bvibert

Staff member
This is why I don't have kids yet. I'm too young and selfish for it. "What do I do with the kids" is a question I reeeeeeeeheeeeeeheeeeally don't want to have to answer for another 10 years or so. God bless ye parents of ski babies.

Anyway, it's a bit far out, but I'd be interested in hitting MRG that same w/e with you guys :D

Yeah, but if you had kids now in 10 years you wouldn't have to worry about what to do with them... Take em out on the hill with you! ;)

Greg

Staff member
Yeah, but if you had kids now in 10 years you wouldn't have to worry about what to do with them... Take em out on the hill with you! ;)

Right. Balancing kid duty with skiing can be challenging, especially if both parents ski. My wife and I have accepted the fact that there will be several years until we can all ski as a family (that should be awesome!) My wife is no where near as whacked out about skiing as I am so she spends the time with the kids while I ski. I make it up to her in other ways. Balance and compromise.

Grassi21

Anyone start thinking about lodging yet? I think we will head up on Wed. evening and head home Friday after skiing or Saturday afternoon after squeezing in a few hours on the hill. Besides Tremblant, this could be my only overnight stay this season. I'm jonesing right now. If I make a reservation it will seem oh so much more closer.

Grassi21

I'm all booked. In Wed. out on Sat.

We will definitely be skiing the Bush on Friday. Maybe Thursday too if wifey isn't feeling confident enough to try MRG on Thursday. We'll probably squeeze a few hours in on Saturday before hitting the road.