• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08

Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Grassi21

Woohoo! No kids! Break out the booze and ho's!!

...Alright, maybe just the booze, we'll save the ho's for next trip...

...better skip the booze too...

woohoo... sleep and skiing! ;)

Yes booze! Can't wait for this event.

wa-loaf

So we got the sister-in-law to take the kids for two nights. What nights are everyone planning on being there. I'm thinking Wednesday and Thursday and ski Thurs/Friday. Looks like this is turning into a bit of an escape the kids week! :grin:

Grassi21

Staying at the Golden Lion on Wed., Thurs., and Fri. nights.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Ideally I'd like to do MRG that Thursday and Sugarbush that Friday. I'll definitely be staying at the Golden Lion Thursday night, possibly Wednesday night, but I just might make an early morning run up to MRG Thursday morning.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Ideally I'd like to do MRG that Thursday and Sugarbush that Friday. I'll definitely be staying at the Golden Lion Thursday night, possibly Wednesday night, but I just might make an early morning run up to MRG Thursday morning.

Any special breakfast requests? Personally, I like to ski on a full breakfast of eggs, sausage, toast, and maybe some of Melinda's granola, but we always have a non-egg option, too. I could make blueberry pancakes, French toast, or pecan waffles. Or maybe Belgian waffles.

Grassi21

Any special breakfast requests? Personally, I like to ski on a full breakfast of eggs, sausage, toast, and maybe some of Melinda's granola, but we always have a non-egg option, too. I could make blueberry pancakes, French toast, or pecan waffles. Or maybe Belgian waffles.

Or all of the above... ;-)

I love this stuff man. Deciding what to have for breakfast in March!

Greg

Staff member

Yes.

;)

wa-loaf

I know I'd like the eggs and sausage. And my wife would probably lean more to the french toast/pancakes.

And it is a little nuts that we are planning breakfast 6 months out. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Seriously, I'm cool with eggs, bacon, toast, OJ and coffee, but if there are waffles or pancakes hanging around, I'll eat those too.

noski

snack

....and I will make my special chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal date cookies for your on-lift snack. All zip-locked nicely for your parka pockets. If KingM doesn't mind, of course. It's the least I could do- really, the very, very least.;-)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Being a non-egg person, I vote for the pancakes, French toast, or waffles (all of which sound divine!). We should probably make our reservations....... ;)

I'm excited! Yeah, it's 6 months from now, but it will be nice to have a break from the kids and just enjoy myself. Bliss!!!

MRGisevil

I can't believe no one's mentioned taters. Hash browns, Home fries, Potato Pancakes- it's all good! I <3 taters. Mickey D's hashbrowns on the way to a ski trip are a staple in my vehicle.

noski

That depends. Are you going to drop some off for me, too? :)

I will bring you some for an "audition" the next time I make them (you know, when I have spare time)- to be sure they are ok for the AZ vip's, of course. Lostone and Smootharc can attest to them but you shouldn't take their word for it.

madskier6

I will bring you some for an "audition" the next time I make them (you know, when I have spare time)- to be sure they are ok for the AZ vip's, of course. Lostone and Smootharc can attest to them but you shouldn't take their word for it.

I too can attest to noski's cookies. They are spectacular. I sampled some in March 2005 (or was it 2006?) at Win's get-together with interested forum posters at the Mushroom. Does anyone else remember that event?

Trust me, you'll definitely enjoy noski's cookies. :smile:

Greg

Staff member

I might actually leave the house Wednesday evening, ski Sundown that night, head straight up to the Golden Lion from Sundown, crash, ski MRG on Thursday, crash, ski Sugarbush Friday, go home.

Grassi21

I might actually leave the house Wednesday evening, ski Sundown that night, head straight up to the Golden Lion from Sundown, crash, ski MRG on Thursday, crash, ski Sugarbush Friday, go home.

Using Sundown as a little dress rehearsal for ripping MRG on Thurs.?

We will be up Wed. night. If I can talk wifey into skiing MRG on Thursday we will join you. If she doesn't feel comfy we will ski Da Bush on Thursday. Friday is obviously a Bush day. We are staying Friday night so we might try to squeeze in a half day on Saturday at the Bush or somewhere on the ride home.

Greg

Staff member
Using Sundown as a little dress rehearsal for ripping MRG on Thurs.?

Perhaps. Might be a dumb move, but I never claimed to be smart. I can probably get from Sundown to the GL in 3.5 hours. Roll in between 1 and 2 am and crash for 6 hours. No problem. :blink:

Grassi21

Perhaps. Might be a dumb move, but I never claimed to be smart. I can probably get from Sundown to the GL in 3.5 hours. Roll in between 1 and 2 am and crash for 6 hours. No problem. :blink:

So I guess the wife and I won't be waiting up for you to have a late night cocktail. :)