Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08 - Page 9

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 64.71%
  • No

5 9.80%
  • Not sure

13 25.49%
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAK View Post
    If after some time you want more of a regular college exp at CMC, the alpine campus in Steamboat is more that style.
    Strange as it may sound, I'm not going for the proverbial "college experience." I'm actually going to learn... for real

Seriously... because of the major, and my innate devotion and interest in the operations and management end of the industry, I'm going there to get a head start into what I plan to spend my life doing. Sure, I'll have some fun along the way, but when it comes down to it, my reason for going to school is really to focus and learn as much about the ski industry as I possibly can. I'm testing out of all of the general ed. classes so that I can delve even deeper into industry-specific courses.

I asked my wife last night if we had any plans for Good Friday... She looked at me kinda strange and explained Good Friday was a few months ago. When I told her that was inquiring about 2008 she gave me an even stranger, confused look and said "I don't think so". I then quickly said "Good, I'm going skiing that day", to which she, unsurprisingly, rolled her eyes at and simply asked if it would be an over-night trip. That's as close to a "Sounds good, have a nice trip honey" as I was planning on getting.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I asked my wife last night if we had any plans for Good Friday... She looked at me kinda strange and explained Good Friday was a few months ago. When I told her that was inquiring about 2008 she gave me an even stranger, confused look and said "I don't think so". I then quickly said "Good, I'm going skiing that day", to which she, unsurprisingly, rolled her eyes at and simply asked if it would be an over-night trip. That's as close to a "Sounds good, have a nice trip honey" as I was planning on getting.

Dude, I thought next season we'll finally see your wife! What's up with dat?

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Dude, I thought next season we'll finally see your wife! What's up with dat?
    I told her that she could go, but then I told her that you would be there and she scoffed at the idea...

Seriously, she might come along, we'll see how things are going then...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I told her that she could go, but then I told her that you would be there and she scoffed at the idea...

Seriously, she might come along, we'll see how things are going then...

Sheeeet, admit it, you're just scared that if she meets up with me she'll fall for me )

I just bounced the idea off the wife and she is interested in this prospect. I said yes in the poll. But as Brian says, who knows what might pop up between now and then.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

....although I'd like to append me vote with....

...for a potential powder/fresh-snow day........I really can come over Any day...however I, myself...can wait and avoid any r-word... With my newer boots I'll have an availability window almost anywhere of about 8hrs
    Steve

I'd definitely be interested. I won't know until much closer about the feasibility of taking the day off or whether it'll be the time of the wineter when I try to take a long vacation, but whatever day the group decides I'll do my best to make.
    -Kenny

Good Friday it is!

Based on the results of the poll so far:

Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?
    Yes, 17, 65.38%
    No, 1, 3.85%
    Not sure, 8, 30.77%

I'm going to lock in Good Friday 2008 as the day. That's one detail we can check off the list!
    I ski double black diamonds.

I'm in. Can't believe I didn't see this one sooner.

Now that we've established I'm coming... let's hope Win has good insurance.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information