• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08

Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

thetrailboss

Staff member
Spot on. MRG can often spin when upper mountain lifts at the Bush can not. But as you mentioned, wind direction will be a factor. And the Double and Single head in different directions and have different wind issues. Jay already has 8" and counting, the prospect of driving over to Bush and having the place on lift hold while Jay is pushing well over a foot is not promising. Packing my skins just in case and heading to Jay tomorrow. Hope you all have good luck in the Valley regardless which mountain you end up at and perhaps another day I be able to share some more turns with y'all.

Well, if SB is on windhold, from experience I can say that most likely Jay will more than likely be on hold. So the skins will be helpful....

Looking forward to a TR.

loafer89

I am going to bail on tomorrow as I cannot justify the drive and the expense if the winds and snow are not up to par. We are going to head up to Sunday River and perhaps even drive up to Saddleback if winds are that bad on friday. At least we can ski off the T-bar's.

Have a great time regardless of the weather

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Well, if SB is on windhold, from experience I can say that most likely Jay will more than likely be on hold.
Not necessarily. HG and CR go down quicker than most lifts whereas Jay's Jet can spin often times with some tough wind (which is ideal by my standards). But tomorrow AM is going to be rough everywhere and I am somewhat doubtful Jay will open even the Jet on time. Wind here in Ashland, NH is about as fierce as I have heard it all season. Hopefully it will die down tomorrow especially as the day wears on.

wa-loaf

Reading the snow report it sounds like Castle Rock is the place to be . . . Stupid Knee :smash:

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
It was nice, snowing hard in the morning and clearing up in the afternoon. I had to skip out early to return to the inn. Probably a good thing as Greg, et al were probably tired of waiting up for me.

Great snow with some ice underneath those moguls in places. HG and NL were on wind hold, unfortunately. I kept expecting them to open up because the wind wasn't bad except for on top of Super Bravo, but it must have been gusting up top. No problems at Castle Rock.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Reading the snow report it sounds like Castle Rock is the place to be . . . Stupid Knee :smash:
Yeah! I was REALLY tempted to go anyway.... if it weren't for lack of a doggy sitter, I probably would have headed up with Brian and took my chances. Of course, that would have been stupid. Just driving his stick shift while he's been away has already aggravated my knee.

Lucky ducks! :razz:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just got back...it was SICK today! Beano, Snowmonster, AndyZee and I were assigned woods duty. Simply amazing...

:beer:

BeanoNYC

What a blast yesterday! Nice to see everyone. I'm home now, nursing a hangover. Damn that slidebrook tavern. TB..got your pics up yet?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Working on that one, Beano. Just got off the slopes here at Burke. One hell of a party here today....but as for the skiing you did not miss much. Trees and bumps are solid ice.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
P3210009.JPG

P3210010.JPG

P3210022.JPG

P3210011.JPG

P3210021.JPG