• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Slow

thetrailboss

Staff member
Having it crash a lot during the last hour or so...and have been prompted for ID and password several times.

Greg

Staff member
We seem to go through this every few months. Up until a few weeks ago, the site was humming right along. Recently, it's been somewhat unstable. Host contacted.

bvibert

Staff member
It's slow right now for me, I just had it timeout a few times while trying to view another thread...

Greg

Staff member
I've experienced a few instances of downtime again today. Anyone else? I've requested that the site be moved to a different server overnight tonight. I'll follow up with specifics.

bvibert

Staff member
I just had several minutes where I couldn't get on at all, kept timing out... :(

Greg

Staff member
Since the downtime is so intermittent, JagPC can't pin down what the problem is. Therefore, AlpineZone.com will be moved to a newly setup SDX server overnight tonight starting at 1:00 am. Let's hope for better performance starting tomorrow.

Greg

Staff member
Well, it looks like the move to a new semi-dedicated server is complete. Let's hope for better performance. Please continue to report any issues here.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Well, it looks like the move to a new semi-dedicated server is complete. Let's hope for better performance. Please continue to report any issues here.

Welcome back and thanks for the heads up on the move yesterday. At least I knew what was happening when I couldn't connect this morning. Nice to be informed.

Zand

I had the same problem here this morning as the last few days. I don't remember what time, must've been around 11 or noon. I'll let you know if it happens again.

bvibert

Staff member
It timed out on me yesterday afternoon and again just now, but it could have something to do with my end...

Greg

Staff member
It timed out on me yesterday afternoon and again just now, but it could have something to do with my end...

There was an extended period of downtime yesterday for some maintenance/reconfiguration. Since the move, the site seems zippier to me when it's been available. BTW, we are on the "Pandora" server. You can check server status here:

http://www.jaguarpc.com/support/status.php

http and MySQL are the services required for the site to operate. If AZ is down, check that page and see if there is any issues with Pandora. I can be contacted via SkiMRV or SkiADK which are on different servers.

tcharron

It's not snowing yet. I've got issues with that. :lol:

Can you request access to the weather control server and rectify this down time?

bvibert

Staff member
I just had some problems where it said that it couldn't connect to the server around 11:30-11:40ish. All the other websites that I was visiting were loading fine...