• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

alpine zone ski team at Pats

ga2ski

Ga2ski I got registraion info in the mail, do you need it or did you get a copy also. Sorry you had to drop out Dave. I'm still out this year as well. 2 tele guys should help with points.

I have the registration, besides I think I can do it on line. Thanks though.

We wil have three tele racers as Scott is back and wants to sport the free heels as well. Between the three freeheelers and Skibum9995's and Roark's beards we are thinking of changing our name to the "Stinking Hippies" unless we get some sponsorship from the owner of our currrent name ;)

Oh and SB9995 better be first in points and handicap every week after hiking the AT.

djspookman

I have the registration, besides I think I can do it on line. Thanks though.

We wil have three tele racers as Scott is back and wants to sport the free heels as well. Between the three freeheelers and Skibum9995's and Roark's beards we are thinking of changing our name to the "Stinking Hippies" unless we get some sponsorship from the owner of our currrent name ;)

Oh and SB9995 better be first in points and handicap every week after hiking the AT.

Not just Roark's beard either.. I'm well on my way to "wintermode" too :)

Dave

roark

For anyone interested, only the top 5 scores count. We'd like to have seven racers, as people will miss some races. No matter how bad you suck you still get 1 pt, which is better than 0 if we don't have 5 people show up. I was that 1 point guy my first season.

And we don't really smell that bad. Except spookman. :p

ga2ski

For anyone interested, only the top 5 scores count. We'd like to have seven racers, as people will miss some races. No matter how bad you suck you still get 1 pt, which is better than 0 if we don't have 5 people show up. I was that 1 point guy my first season.

And we don't really smell that bad. Except spookman. :p

To elaborate to what Roark is saying. I believe that besides Roark having fun in the bar after the races, the gate training is a big part of what has made him the skier that he is now. He went from last place on the team, hardly ever contributing points, to one of our mainstay racers. Come on out, have fun, and improve your skiing.

BTW Monday nights are the least competitive racers.

roark

To elaborate to what Roark is saying. I believe that besides Roark having fun in the bar after the races, the gate training is a big part of what has made him the skier that he is now. He went from last place on the team, hardly ever contributing points, to one of our mainstay racers. Come on out, have fun, and improve your skiing.

BTW Monday nights are the least competitive racers.

Indeed, racing really elevated my skiing.

ga2ski

Racing starts tomorrow night for at least seven monday nights possibly 9 nights. If anyone wants to join us to be "racer chaser" and help with coats, etc. PM me I'll help you get a discount.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Out of curiousity and it's probably posted in this thread, but what time are the races at? I live about an hour twenty from Pat's, so in the future it might be doable for me depending on race time.

roark

Races start at 7. Duration depends on how many show up but it's typically about an hour for everyone to get 2 runs.