• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

#1 Destination for 2007-08?

skiadikt

For me it is Plattekill whenever they are open. The occasional midweek day at Belleayre, Hunter, or Windham. Hopefully a trip or 10 to Bobcat if it dumps and the family that owns it works out their differences and gets the place open. I am probably going to go to Ski Santa Fe some time in February and hopefully summit county some time in late April.

very cool. brings back memories. maybe 1980 my first ski house was in pine hill on rt 28 directly across from belleayre. we used to do the smorgasbord. plattekill was always our fave but once in a while we'd venture to bobcat. cool place. i'm sure i'd appreciate it even more now. hope they open it. would love to hit it on a powday. i remember the t-bar was broken down even then. the old guy running it would yank on each t-bar as it came by and would say, "nope, nope, yup". you'd get on the yups. even with that no liftline.

how 'bout highmount - wonder if that's still skiable? sorry for the hijack ...