#1 Destination for 2007-08? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My #1 destinations this year will be Gore and Whiteface. I've never been to either place and have heard very good things about both.

Of course, I will also be hitting the usual suspects, including BEast (season pass), Magic, Sugabrush, MRG, Burke & other assorted VT mountains when the price is right.

I would also like to get back to Sugarloaf and check out Sunday River this year. We shall see on those 2 mountains.

Jeff

2013-14:
    Killington 11/23, 11/29
    Okemo 12/13, 1/5
    Haystack (VT) 12/30
    Mount Snow 1/1, 3/2
    Berkshire East 1/12, 2/11
    Whiteface 2/22

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    I agree with you. My concern was the effect of the altitude on a 6-7 month old. My friends fiance is a pediatrician so we have that covered.

I was eyeballing Summit County (ABasin in particular) and Steamboat. I would ask for suggestions but I know there are numerous threads.
    I'd follow the pediatrician's advice regarding taking the baby to altitude. Most adults won't have much trouble if they're sleeping under 8,000 feet, but Summit County base elevations are 9,000 plus. I might look for someplace lower. There are lots of options with base elevations well below 6,000 feet that would be much less likely to cause any problems.

I've noticed that not too many folks are heading out west....I'm assuming $$$ being the reason. If not, then why? (just curious). Greg or someone else, feel free to start another thread as to not take this thread off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by RISkier View Post
    I'd follow the pediatrician's advice regarding taking the baby to altitude. Most adults won't have much trouble if they're sleeping under 8,000 feet, but Summit County base elevations are 9,000 plus. I might look for someplace lower. There are lots of options with base elevations well below 6,000 feet that would be much less likely to cause any problems.
    I agree with you. That is why the before mentioned trip to VT is more likely. CO will have to wait.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Alta - first week in march.
    Whiteface/catskills weekends.

Every tues and sunday at Greek Peak---about 5 days at Gore---5-6 days at Whiteface----and this year 1 week at Salt Lake

Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee View Post
    Every tues and sunday at Greek Peak---about 5 days at Gore---5-6 days at Whiteface----and this year 1 week at Salt Lake
    The wife and I are Ithaca grads. What town are you located in? I never tried Greek Peak because I wasn't into skiing during my college years. Down the line I would like to visit Ithaca in the winter and get a day in at Greek. What might ski areas would you compare Greek Peak to?
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    The wife and I are Ithaca grads. What town are you located in? I never tried Greek Peak because I wasn't into skiing during my college years. Down the line I would like to visit Ithaca in the winter and get a day in at Greek. What might ski areas would you compare Greek Peak to?
    I live right in Virgil N.Y. which is where Greek Peak is located, and about 5 miles outside of Cortland, hime of the Red Dragons. Which, by the way, won the CORTICA JUG game this year!!!!
    Greek, like all the rest of CNY ski hills, is very small only having 900 vert. They have something like 20ish runs, 5 chairs, but do blow alot of snow. Typically they are open sometime around Thanksgiving and try to stay open until April 1. Albeit this year I think we skied until the 15th.
    Drop my a line if you make it this year and my wife and I will give you the "local" tour free of charge.

I am going out west with my son in February and we plan to stay in the Sandpoint, Idaho area and ski at Schweitzer, Silver Mountain, Big Mountain and Mount Spokane. The lodging and day ticket prices for most of the skiing is very reasonable and we get to ski three new states.
    2016-2017 - 21 Days

I'll be at Cannon primarily with a bunch of days at Burke. I plan to get out west at some point, not sure where or when yet.

Thread Information