• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quiver Pics

Trekchick

Yeah, your hubby is into overlapping his quiver isn't he?
Ya think?
You have no idea how many discussions we've had about quiver overlap.
:argue:
His dream was to own all of the skis in the Volkl724 line. He was close, when I finally said, "then what?"

That is when I got the Nordica Nitrous. He heckled me about it because it wasn't a volkl, after all, but one day he tried it. When it came time for me to replace the nitrous, (with the Elan Wave Spice) he was CLEAR I could not sell it, he wanted it.
I'm sooooooo happy he is opening up his mind a teensy weensy bit. He may even get a mid fat some day!

Oh, and he has overlap in his Dirt Bike Quiver too!

Last edited:

Birdman829

Me? I'm a bit more Phickle with my ski gear. Rarely keep anything longer than a season, sometimes less. I like to try out all the new stuff, and usually get a decent price out of my used stuff because its still somewhat current when I move on to my next toy.
This is my current quiver, which will have a Blizzard EOS added to it within the next 15 minutes :D
n830505017_1461432_498.jpg

Is that the Bluehouse MR in a 169? I got 179s and the colors are reversed. Looking at that pic confirmed what my eyeballs have been telling me, the mounting lines on those suckers are pretty far forward, even with the twin. I'm thinking about mounting mine at powder or even -1 from that. I have to take some measurements and figure it out.

Trekchick

Is that the Bluehouse MR in a 169? I got 179s and the colors are reversed. Looking at that pic confirmed what my eyeballs have been telling me, the mounting lines on those suckers are pretty far forward, even with the twin. I'm thinking about mounting mine at powder or even -1 from that. I have to take some measurements and figure it out.
Those are BlueHouse MR171's and yea, they are reversed graphix with the 179.
I was thinking the same thing about the line
maybe 1 cm back from BOF??
I am fairly excited to get on those and see what they do.

WoodCore

Here's a partial picture of my quiver........

Quiver0001.jpg

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Those look like Head Standards, mid 60's? I had Head 320's which I think were pretty similar. The Standards and the 360's were very popular back then along with Lange boots with the flow foam. I skied the 320's until 1970 when I then got a pair of Rossi Strato's.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
160 cm K2 True Luvs (new in wrapper), 80 cm Rossignol Fun Girls
Funny, I looked at the True Luvs and Fun Girls for Maggie and me. :D Brian posted our finds in the new gear thread... It will only be a matter of time before he lines it all up for a group picture. He's probably waiting to get those skis from you first.

bvibert

Staff member
I never really had a quiver before, but now I sorta do after picking up 3 pairs in the off-season, so I'll post a pic.

From left to right; 182cm K2 Axis Pros, 181cm Head Mad_Trix Mogul, 178cm Volkl P50 GS, 178cm Volkl Vertigo G4, 177cm Rossi Axium, 154cm Dynastar Nova (Wife's), 90cm Elan Something or other (Daughter's).

The P50's are actually bent so they probably shouldn't be in the pic, but I did continue to use them regardless last year so who knows.. ;)

Greg

Staff member
I never really had a quiver before, but now I sorta do after picking up 3 pairs in the off-season, so I'll post a pic.

From left to right; 182cm K2 Axis Pros, 181cm Head Mad_Trix Mogul, 178cm Volkl P50 GS, 178cm Volkl Vertigo G4, 177cm Rossi Axium, 154cm Dynastar Nova (Wife's), 90cm Elan Something or other (Daughter's).

The P50's are actually bent so they probably shouldn't be in the pic, but I did continue to use them regardless last year so who knows.. ;)

Those K2s are so rad. ;)

SkiDog

Heres the current quiver. Changes on a yearly and sometimes semi yearly basis, much to the chagrin of my wife... ;-)

DSC00022.jpg

The pair on the left without binders I just got the other day. Will likely mount some demo binders on there so friends can use them when they come out to play.

M

gorgonzola

its interesting seeing the spectrum of brand loyalty on this thread, some have every ski under the sun while there are definatly the atomic/volkl/k2/rossi/head heads....

cbcbd

Finally got a pic:
Rossi Z9 170cm
Rossi B2 166cm
Black Diamond Havoc 165cm

I'm actually thinking of possibly getting rid of the Z9s...

P1000857.jpg