• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quiver Pics

mastergunnera8

I always took my skiis off in line, then put them back on before getting on the lift...they looked at me like I was nuts!!! But It was worth it!!!

Last edited:

Mildcat

09-10 Crossfire is a pretty sweet ski.

That's definitely on my list of possible replacements. ;-)

The Watea's and Legends kind of overlap. Time for something FAT! :spin:

And except for the iciest days the Watea's will become your number 1 ski.

They do overlap but the Wateas were such a good deal I couldn't pass them up. :cool:

Philpug

I'm hoping I get a chance to demo it this season.

I am generally not a fan of the Apache series, iMHO they ski too easy, I prefer a bit of bite from my skis, I haven't skied any skis that have as big of a sweet spot as these.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I am generally not a fan of the Apache series, iMHO they ski too easy, I prefer a bit of bite from my skis, I haven't skied any skis that have as big of a sweet spot as these.
I've only skied the Crossfire, but I'd also love to try the Recons also. I like the big sweet spot. It makes the human slalom at Blue a little easier on me and they have great hard snow bite.

Trekchick

7333_191978181137_540901137_4413505_2541024_n.jpg

My wife's quiver, Blizzard Viva 7.6 and Icelantic Nomads both with IQ bindings.

Those aren't railflex bindings.

They look like the Fischer equivalent of Head's. What are they then?

Those are Markers on Blizzard IQ plates. They slide right into the blizzard and I guess they make one that can mount on other skis as well.

My bad. They are Blizzards. They do look raised though. That caused my problem.

If you look at the description under the pic you'll see what he's trying to do.
He has a complete thread on EpicSki about it.
The idea is to use the Blizzard/Marker IQ binding on both skis to make it easier to pack for trips. Kind of a sweet idea.

Puck it

If you look at the description under the pic you'll see what he's trying to do.
He has a complete thread on EpicSki about it.
The idea is to use the Blizzard/Marker IQ binding on both skis to make it easier to pack for trips. Kind of a sweet idea.

I agree with you about packing that is why I had the railflexes on my Nomads and Recons. The bindings slide off and make for easier packing of the bags. However, the extra height in the binding gave a lot of torsional twist to ski on stopping. This is when the binding would release on me.

Philpug

I agree with you about packing that is why I had the railflexes on my Nomads and Recons. The bindings slide off and make for easier packing of the bags. However, the extra height in the binding gave a lot of torsional twist to ski on stopping. This is when the binding would release on me.
That is why I don't like Railflexes, they are not torsionally rigid enough. The Blizzard IQ, on the other hand...is. I will say putting the IQ on the Icelantic is unproven but not so much that they are for my wife and she isn't that aggressive of a skier, they will be used in soft snow and crud and will not get the lateral strain that they would on hard snow. I did to a test mount on another pair and IMHO they are sufficient. :cool:

Puck it

That is why I don't like Railflexes, they are not torsionally rigid enough. The Blizzard IQ, on the other hand...is. I will say putting the IQ on the Icelantic is unproven but not so much that they are for my wife and she isn't that aggressive of a skier, they will be used in soft snow and crud and will not get the lateral strain that they would on hard snow. I did to a test mount on another pair and IMHO they are sufficient. :cool:

I switched mine to a flat mount after the heel piece broke on a release when stopping. No problem since the flat mount. No experience with the Blizzards. BTW. I was ejecting in soft, hard, powder, groomers, you name it.

ERJ-145CA

Here is the new family quiver:

Family_Quiver_09-10sm.jpg

The red Wateas (167cm.) are my old ones which are now my rock skis and the brown Wateas (174cm.) are my new regular skis. The Rossis (100cm.) are my son's seasonal leases and the board is my wife's. I have an 8 month old daughter so in a couple of years I should have more stuff for a picture.

Sky

I'm done. Quiver is complete. For now ...

I've printed pics of my skis off the web and posted them next to my desk @ work.

It helps.

I gave away my older boots (and they were still pretty good) and my oldest skis to a kid whose family couldn't afford upgrades. Surprisingly, this 15 yo son whad huge feet! So I offered the gear up for free. I met them ! Wachusett on the lift! Serendipity? ANyway, I arranged to meet them the next week on my way to work (their way to Wa). Heard back from them that night. Boots fit great...skis run like mad. Nice Nice!

Now comes the hard part of parting with my Volkl Superpsort Superspeeds. *sigh* But I've got Fischer RC4s for night league...and the guy buying the Volkls borrowed them all last season for night league...so, it's time.

Now I've got the Fischers...Dynastar Contact 11's...and brandy new Atomic Crimsom TI's for the wider ride.

So, now I have a "quiver" vs three (or four) of the same ski.

And I feel like I "paid it forward" a bit with how I separated from the older Atomics and the Volkls.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I've printed pics of my skis off the web and posted them next to my desk @ work.

It helps.

I gave away my older boots (and they were still pretty good) and my oldest skis to a kid whose family couldn't afford upgrades. Surprisingly, this 15 yo son whad huge feet! So I offered the gear up for free. I met them ! Wachusett on the lift! Serendipity? ANyway, I arranged to meet them the next week on my way to work (their way to Wa). Heard back from them that night. Boots fit great...skis run like mad. Nice Nice!

Now comes the hard part of parting with my Volkl Superpsort Superspeeds. *sigh* But I've got Fischer RC4s for night league...and the guy buying the Volkls borrowed them all last season for night league...so, it's time.

Now I've got the Fischers...Dynastar Contact 11's...and brandy new Atomic Crimsom TI's for the wider ride.

So, now I have a "quiver" vs three (or four) of the same ski.

And I feel like I "paid it forward" a bit with how I separated from the older Atomics and the Volkls.
That's awesome! How generous of you to share like that! Serendipity indeed!

Hawkshot99

I have 1 new ski at home, and still waiting on the other pair. Ordered Columbus weekend, and still waiting. Sold my Rossi Mutix's and my Scott P3's as well as my boots.