• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Technique goals for 2007-08

rob56789

IMHO, bumps take a certain level of dedication. It's pretty tough to get them by hitting the mogul field a few times each outing. Mileage is truly the key, and honestly some acceptance of pain in the early goings. Once a few key elements "click", you'll be hooked and you'll be searching out the bumps more often than not. But initially you may need to "force" yourself to hit the bumps over and over as they can indeed be frustrating early on, but once you get the basics, there's no turning back. I am very lucky to have a good bump run very close to home as a midweek night skiing option. It's like practice for the day trips at the bigger hills.

Yeah i'm hoping to get to ski with you guys a few times this year and maybe get some good tips on skiing the bumps :spread:

Greg

Staff member
Ski behind Pat (2knees) for a while.

Good advice. And don't poach his line; he screamed up behind me on more than a few occasions last year... ;)

powhunter

BUMPS!!! Had a few breakthrough runs at the end of the season...hopefully I can feed off that this season..also want to spend a lot more time in the trees!! yea watch out for
that 2knees guy...I dropped a gatorade bottle by accident in his line..he was cussing like a drunkin sailor!!!

steve

bvibert

Staff member
My main thing is going to be working on bumps and trees, if I have the chance to get into them at all. Looking to get mileage in a variety of conditions too, I'd love to get some powder in! :snow:

yea watch out for
that 2knees guy...I dropped a gatorade bottle by accident in his line..he was cussing like a drunkin sailor!!!

Tis true, I think we have it on tape. :lol:

jack97

My goal is to make direct lines on steeper runs. I was getting there until I busted my collar.

BTW, post the tape.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just being in shape is all I'm worried about. I'm generally happy with my technique in most conditions as long as my body is in shape enough to do what my mind wants it to.

I'd also like to take to the air a bit more this winter. As a kid I would huck myself every chance I got. These days not so much, so when I do go for it, my balance seems to get off easier.

2knees

the gatorade bottle. It was a nice excuse, i was already falling apart on that run.

Rob56789, not sure of your location but we have a nice crew for night skiing at sundown on their mellow bump run. Marc, Greg, Bvibert, Powhunter, madskier6 and more all have plenty of skills and experience to gleen off of.

rob56789

the gatorade bottle. It was a nice excuse, i was already falling apart on that run.

Rob56789, not sure of your location but we have a nice crew for night skiing at sundown on their mellow bump run. Marc, Greg, Bvibert, Powhunter, madskier6 and more all have plenty of skills and experience to gleen off of.

Yeah i would definitly like to make it out there and ski with you guys this season, looks like you have alot of fun from the reports and videos i saw last season. I live near poughkeepsie in dutchess county not sure exactly how far it would be but i can't imagine it would be to far.

Greg

Staff member
Yeah i would definitly like to make it out there and ski with you guys this season, looks like you have alot of fun from the reports and videos i saw last season. I live near poughkeepsie in dutchess county not sure exactly how far it would be but i can't imagine it would be to far.

Probably a haul as there is no quick direct route. Not sure it would be worth the drive, but we'll be sure to report the conditions of the bumps and let you decide. There are some AZers all the way up in the Worcester area considering coming down so....