• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Have the leaves started turning by you yet?

wa-loaf

The season is coming!! :snow: I've noticed, this past week, that some leaves (very few) have actually begun to turn around here... What's it look like in places further north.

We were in Maine early this week and saw a fair amount of color. The swampy areas all seemed to be going first.

Yes but because of dryness not cool weather..it doesn't matter so much..It's still 70 degrees a few days in November and sometimes December here in the Banana Belt after all the leaves have fallen..Halloween can be in shorts or a Parka..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The leaves started changing in early August on some of the trees here. It's funny how I never noticed that happens until I became a skiier a few years ago....

kcyanks1

Leaves? Trees? What are those? (No, they have not, at least as of last weekend as far as I have noticed)

Zand

Around here, they're changing due to the bad short-term drought going on. 2nd dryest August on record. Hopefully Mother Nature unloads some precip soon (and keeps it going through the winter).

Jonni

Some trees have been starting to change around here. Still spotty though. I'll be up in Lyndonville today so I'll see what it looks like up there.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
Spotty changing up here around the lake and the mountains...been changing since mid August. Plant growth on the higher elevations is def. starting to go now.

JimG.

Staff member
Yes; noticed a few trees turning color yesterday on the lake.

Some trees are starting to lose leaves on my property.

Soon.

Greg

Staff member
We have some beech trees that are all yellow and dropping leaves in my yard. While most of the summer was moderately wet, it's been very dry the past few weeks which I imagine is speeding the color change. Some maples are turning too.

Grassi21

Starting to get a bit of color here. Leaves are just starting to fall as well.

MRGisevil

I've got a maple that's dropping leaves like water right now. Been a dry season, seems like alot of leaves are turning early...

molecan

Leaves across Massachusetts are starting to turn, and I saw a large number of small trees dropping leaves on a bike ride outside of Boston this weekend.
But as mentioned by an earlier post, it is due to an unusually dry August. (I've been told that it's the driest August in over 100 years.)

While I pine for the slopes, foliage falling in early September has nothing to do w/weather patterns in the coming months.

Kerovick

Some maples are starting fo drop some leaves here in MD. Once again it has been very dry.

RISkier

We have a lot of leaves dropping but as note, it's the dry weather. Seems very early for southern RI.