I broke down - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I broke down

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    About half, as I recall. The Saab 9-2 sportwagon was (is? not sure if they're still making it) 100% built by Subaru.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    That's right, just put a Saab nose on it and upgraded the interior a bit (moved the ignition switch ).

Saabs finally developed it's own AWD system that's going to move to the 9-5 and 9-3 in next year or two. We'll have to see if they stick with subi for the 9-2.
    They used it, as I understand it, to fill a gap in their product line they felt they had, and rebranding the Subi was faster than designing a new car. Personally, I think they should have stuck to their knitting.
    The AWD is all Saab, though, apparently, so that's a step up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    would you drive a gmc? the saturn outlook is the exact same vehicle as the gmc acadia. and its a cuv, not a van.
    No I wouldn't drive a GMC..I don't like American vehicles..

Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    I wouldn't drive a Saturn<GM> if you paid me...Tomorrow I get my Subaru <GM>back from the bodyshop..The Neon<Daimler Chrysler> rental has really sucked. Oh Yeah and my Dog was laughing about your van..ahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    would you drive a gmc? the saturn outlook is the exact same vehicle as the gmc acadia. and its a cuv, not a van.
    I believe GM owns a piece of Subaru.
    About half, as I recall. The Saab 9-2 sportwagon was (is? not sure if they're still making it) 100% built by Subaru.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    No I wouldn't drive a GMC..I don't like American vehicles..
    Sorry, Mr. Stromare? yes, we're ready for you now..

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

It's not American cars I don't like, it's American car design. With few exceptions, Ford and GM make some of the ugliest cars on teh planet. Chrysler did, too, until they got a little German in them. We'll see how long that lasts now that they've got a three headed dog running things.

At least Subaru still does their own designing, etc.

I believe GM owns a piece of Subaru.
    That was true, but GM divested its 20% stake a couple of years ago (partly to Toyota).

It's not American cars I don't like, it's American car design. With few exceptions, Ford and GM make some of the ugliest cars on teh planet. Chrysler did, too, until they got a little German in them. We'll see how long that lasts now that they've got a three headed dog running things.

At least Subaru still does their own designing, etc.

Personal taste, I suppose. I like Subarus, but they've never been beautiful or good looking cars. The Tribeca thing is pretty hideous. The Imprezza? Not impressive. The Outback is quite functional and brands one a Northeasterner (like Saab used to do), but its not a particularly good or exciting design.

know what Subaru is backwards?

Your a bus.

Try it....

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDork View Post
    know what Subaru is backwards?

Your a bus.

Try it....

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles View Post
    Personal taste, I suppose. I like Subarus, but they've never been beautiful or good looking cars. The Tribeca thing is pretty hideous. The Imprezza? Not impressive. The Outback is quite functional and brands one a Northeasterner (like Saab used to do), but its not a particularly good or exciting design.
    I agree. My wife and I have a 2005 Subaru WRX wagon as our ski car. In last years April storms it was the only car in our condo building that made it out before they could plow. Four large SUVs and a Mercedes E320 4matic all just sat spinning their wheels. They must have had crappy all season tires. It was hilarious watching my neighbor’s faces when my wife climbed into the WRX and just drove out through 18" of snow. Yes it was like a snow plow, the front end pushing the snow and the bottom of the car was dragging but the wheels didn't spin. There's nothing like AWD and real snow tires. Outbacks are nice but they handle like a truck, they're one of the worst handling cars made due to the ride height. Too bad they don’t make a Subaru Legacy GT limited wagon with a standard transmission any more, 2005 was the only year, I’d be buying one this year if they did.

Thread Information