• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/14/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the forecast Hunter is going to have alot of terrain open for the 14th..maybe 30-40 trails. I really want to go but that day is our end of the year meeting where we have a 3 hour AM meeting, then get our year end bonuses and go out to lunch at a posh restaurant. I'll probably get a little buzzed at lunch an then hit up Blue mountain around 2:00PM that day.

JimG.

Staff member
Guns blazing in alot of places yesterday.

Mainline is deep.

Both Minya/Lower Crossover and Belt opened yesterday. Buried in manmade and the guns were on all day. Minya was bumped too...big soft bumps. Very nice, tough to see late in the day. And I took a run on Belt at the end of the day...probably the nicest run I've ever had on Belt. Pretty empty, boot top deep manmade in spots.

Guns have buried Cliff which will open today, guns were on Bleeker to Ike. With the current forecast, I would not be surprised if they were 50% open next weekend and close to 75% on the 14th.

A little different from last year.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I remember during the first AZ day at Hunter, waiting at the bottom of Claire's, and watching a human hockey puck zipping down the slope and then off into the tree line.
That paints quite the mental picture. :eek:

I may tag along and hang out in the lodge with the kids. Get them used to it early in the season. :lol: It all depends on our moods when the day comes...

Greg

Staff member
Guns blazing in alot of places yesterday.

Mainline is deep.

Both Minya/Lower Crossover and Belt opened yesterday. Buried in manmade and the guns were on all day. Minya was bumped too...big soft bumps. Very nice, tough to see late in the day. And I took a run on Belt at the end of the day...probably the nicest run I've ever had on Belt. Pretty empty, boot top deep manmade in spots.

Guns have buried Cliff which will open today, guns were on Bleeker to Ike. With the current forecast, I would not be surprised if they were 50% open next weekend and close to 75% on the 14th.

A little different from last year.

Thanks for the detailed update, Jim. 12/14 is gonna RULE IT!!!

Greg

Staff member
Ahem:

http://huntermtn.blogspot.com/

Claire's and Wayout are on deck for this coming weekend. Hopefully we'll have Upper Xover and Lower K as well for the 14th!

Praying for 'Purna!

koreshot

Simmer down now! :)

We all know that on the EC unchecked optimism guarantees a mid season thaw followed by a day or two rain so may I suggest that we keep it to "things are looking pretty decent, hopefully the weather cooperates" types of comments?

wa-loaf

Simmer down now! :)

We all know that on the EC unchecked optimism guarantees a mid season thaw followed by a day or two rain so may I suggest that we keep it to "things are looking pretty decent, hopefully the weather cooperates" types of comments?

Amen!

koreshot

The more the better. Marc, you better bring those P50s, get into your famous power wedge tuck and stay out front at all times.

bvibert

Staff member
where is everyone meeting?

I talked my wife into playing hookey....I can't ge there until 10, is there a meeting time?

I don't think anything has been established yet. A meeting time of around 10:30 somewhere sounds good to me...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, I'll admit it, I'm a lazy bastard and don't feel like reading through every reply here. Wanna know who's all going to this shindig so how about a roll call. Just copy and paste the list and add your name if you plan on going:

Going to Hunter:

Andyzee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.