• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/14/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisskis

i dont know how you guys work that shift. my wife does the same thing. 7p-7a 3x a week. I give you lots of credit for doing that.

Its not bad...just need to catch up on sleep when you can..lots of naps. Been doing it 20 yrs next month..its getting harder though. When my kids get older i may move back to the day shift. I like the solitude at night though. The day shift in a hospital is crazy, especially working in pediatrics..kids are EVERYWHERE!!

krisskis

Then I won't have to drive alone,good.

Actually found out last night that im not working the night before only the night of the 14th...gotta work on that one now. Slug, i'll let you know and BTW...talk to your stupid nephew and tell him if he doesnt stop mouthing off to everyone he WILL NOT be skiing at all this year!!

Greg

Staff member

bvibert

Staff member
TWO weeks, baby! If these forecasts hold, I see several days in there with round-the-clock snowmaking opportunities:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...te=ALY&textField1=42.2112&textField2=-74.2157

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=1&zipcode=12442&metric=0

I can easily see most of the front being covered, as well as Wayout and possibly Claire's by the 14th. If we're really really lucky, maybe 'Purna? That would rule.

You're definitely one of the more optimistic guys I know. ;)

Greg

Staff member
You're definitely one of the more optimistic guys I know. ;)

Always.

Okay, 'Purna may be a bit beyond the scope of reality, but those forecasts are pretty effin cold. Claire's wouldn't surprise. Even without the West Side, I think Ike, Upper Crossover, and K27 are safe bets.

Greg

Staff member
I didn't say I didn't like it. ;)

Gets me pumped too, the only problem is sometimes that leads to disappointment in the early season...

Bah!

We're going to be waaaay ahead of where we were for last year's Hunter gathering.

bvibert

Staff member
Bah!

We're going to be waaaay ahead of where we were for last year's Hunter gathering.

I agree, but if you get me thinking that the west side will be open and then it's not.... That's where some disappointment comes in... ;)

Still really psyched, time of is scheduled and I'm ready to go!!!

Greg

Staff member
I agree, but if you get me thinking that the west side will be open and then it's not.... That's where some disappointment comes in... ;)

Still really psyched, time of is scheduled and I'm ready to go!!!

Well, I'm not a big Claire's fan unless it's bumped and the snowmaking is fresh. If/when that trail gets groomed the potential for the slide of death increases exponentially. I would love to see them concentrate on 'Purna first. Being much narrower and more wind-protected, I would think it would be easier to cover.

bvibert

Staff member
I've never been on Claire's. Both times I was there and it was open it looked pretty death slide prone so I stayed off. Still dying to hit 'Pruna too... :spin:

bvibert

Staff member
Just gotta sharpen those edges. When they can cut paper, you're good to go!

Generally I tune my skis once in the beginning of the season and then maybe one more time later on. I'm not really big on the tuning frequently thing... ;)

kingslug

Generally I tune my skis once in the beginning of the season and then maybe one more time later on. I'm not really big on the tuning frequently thing... ;)

At Hunter having skis in good tune is a must. At Mt.Tremblant we had a local shop sharpen our edges until they could cut you, needed it due to the slickest ice we had ever seen. There is nothing like a hands on tune compared to a machine tune.

bvibert

Staff member
At Hunter having skis in good tune is a must.

That could probably be said for most NE ski areas. I've never had any problems at Hunter with my generally un-tuned skis, other than my perceived issues with Claire's..

Status
Not open for further replies.