• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/14/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
I'm going to officially propose something here. Last season we had a huge group meet up at Hunter on Friday, 12/15/06. The early season was rough, but Hunter made enough snow to provide two routes on the main face (HBK with an Ike option, and Minya/Lower Xover) as well as Belt. We were treated with some great spring-like bumps and corn snow. Here's the trip report and here's the video:

Turned out to be an awesome day so let's do it again! I propose Friday, December 14. Thoughts?

bvibert

Staff member
I'm there!

That was a great day last year! :daffy:

BTW, I think you're crazy for trying to plan this now... But I still want in! ;)

MRGisevil

I just requested the day off. I haven't been to Hunter and I haven't been to an AZ outing yet, so nice way to kill 2 birds w/1 stone. :)

bvibert

Staff member
I just requested the day off.

Nice! Now that's commitment right there! Maybe this year will be even bigger than last year...

The large group that skis by the camera, starting at around 49 seconds, in the video I linked to above is all AZer's and that wasn't even everyone!

rob56789

I will definitly try to make it as of right now i am there hopefully nothing comes up in the meantime

Greg

Staff member
I'll be there unless conditions truly blow.

One might argue that the 12/15/06 conditions truly blew, given only the mainline/Ike and Minya were open, but you know as well as I do the bumps on Ike alone are usually worth it.

2knees

If it's cold enough you can be sure that they'll be blowing plenty of snow. I'm not sure why that would keep you away though... ;)

just dont want to burn a vacation day to ski 2 groomers. Last year was warm so bumps were a given.

Greg

Staff member
just dont want to burn a vacation day to ski 2 groomers. Last year was warm so bumps were a given.

I think Hunter pretty much always has bumps where we saw them last year, especially Ike.

Ike Droolage from 1/18 (the day winter really started last season):
1-18-07.jpg

bvibert

Staff member

I hear ya, I was just joking around a bit.

For me I might as well use the vacation day or I'll loose it by the end of the month anyway. Assuming that I have one to spare...

Status
Not open for further replies.