• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

Geoff

Tonight was kale soup. A 3 pound pork butt simmered for 4 hours with sauteed onion, cubed turnip (potato substitute), linguica, fava beans, kale.

Tomorrow I have a bunch of people coming over:
cranberry/OJ/Grand Marnier cranberry sauce
French green beans with toasted slivered almonds
Squash with brown sugar and maple syrup
Mashed carrot & turnip
Mashed skin-on red bliss potatoes
stuffing on the side with onion/carrot/celery and chestnuts
roasted unstuffed turkey
gravy
pecan pie
pumpkin pie
apple pie

So far, the cran sauce is made, almonds toasted, veggies for the stuffing sauteed, squash and turnip sliced up. I still have to make the pie crusts and clean the green beans tonight. Tomorrow morning is pie baking.

snoseek

While im at it ill post my weekend specials. Chili rubbed salmon, cilantro macadamia pesto, citrus salad. Seared pork, au poivre style, goat cheese mash, roasted baby carrots.

ScottySkis

While im at it ill post my weekend specials. Chili rubbed salmon, cilantro macadamia pesto, citrus salad. Seared pork, au poivre style, goat cheese mash, roasted baby carrots.

I need home cooked food from a great chef like I sure you are.

I had frozen meatballs last night bought from Target. 5$ for a bag I get several dinners from.

o3jeff

I had frozen meatballs last night bought from Target. 5$ for a bag I get several dinners from.
I buy those too when they're on sale. I usually mix them with some buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese dressing.

ScottySkis

I buy those too when they're on sale. I usually mix them with some buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese dressing.

I love Target. There turkey deli is very good I get a pound for like 4$. I get most of my groceries from Target. Same prices as Walmart better food and better customer atmosphere.

gmcunni

i too like target's frozen meat balls. i nuke them and then melt cheese over them in a bowl. i'll try hot sauce and ranch next time (not a fan of blue cheese)

snoseek

Night off and an empty house so I'm cooking for just me. Kraft ghetto mac and cheese with a can of tuna and some frozen peas. Sounds gross but its one of MANY guilty pleasures and is 10 minutes. I don't cook restaurant food at home too often

gmcunni

Night off and an empty house so I'm cooking for just me. Kraft ghetto mac and cheese with a can of tuna and some frozen peas. Sounds gross but its one of MANY guilty pleasures and is 10 minutes. I don't cook restaurant food at home too often

swap in hormel chili for the tuna and you have one of my favs

ScottySkis

Sure why would you want to cook at home when you do that for full time pay. I get that.

Last night had some good pizza from local pizza restaurant.

casey

The Master Cleanse is on my menu for one and a half more days... looking forward to eating food again!