• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

loafer89

My wife made a simple dinner of Kielbasa and Green Beans and I am following it up with chocolate souffle and the hounds are circling the oven in anticipation of good eats for dessert.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Cupboards were bare. Went to the grocery store and by the time I got home, it was already well after 9PM. So I had Kraft 3 Cheese Mac & Cheese. :D Haven't had that in a LONG time. Earlier in the day, I did make White Russian Brownies though. Mmmmmm... dessert.

mondeo

Peanut butter sandwich, some carrots, and an orange.

It's too much work to cook an actual meal for one person. Every once in a while I'll put the effort in, but probably not more than once a month. About half the time it's pasta, with random crap the other times (frozen pizza, toasted tuna & cheeze, George Foreman'd chicken, etc.)

krisskis

Made tacos last night...yummy!! Sour cream, lettuce, nice ripe tomatoes, beef, salsa...OMG...im getting heartburn again!! Have no idea what im making tonight :-(

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Irish Lamb Stew experiment last night was not a winner. :(

Tonight will probably be something simple. Probably some kind of pasta. After all the effort I put into yesterday's flop, I'd rather take it easy tonight.

Trekchick

Irish Lamb Stew experiment last night was not a winner. :(

Tonight will probably be something simple. Probably some kind of pasta. After all the effort I put into yesterday's flop, I'd rather take it easy tonight.
I'm betting you were a tad distracted while preparing dinner. The family should understand.:wink:

My dinner was simple.
One of our favourites for a low cal quick meal(because fish cooks so fast).
Grilled marinated salmon on a bed of rice with cranberries and glazed apples.
I cheat a little with the rice. Cook a bunch up ahead of time with the cranberries and apples, a few green onions sometimes, then freeze it. Then when I want a fast meal, I can just add a touch of water and microwave for 2 minutes.

Yum!

Tonight I'm going over to my parents house for dinner..probably pizza..but I'm psyched to do some cooking tomorrow night. It was rough spending the last week in Stowe and eating out every meal..lol

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Tonight I'm going over to my parents house for dinner..probably pizza..but I'm psyched to do some cooking tomorrow night. It was rough spending the last week in Stowe and eating out every meal..lol
You cook? ;)

Dinner tonight was.... Wendy's on the way home from Okemo. But I think I'm making pot roast for dinner tomorrow night.

ctenidae

Cheese fondue last night, steak kabobs tonight.
Grilled shrimp tomorrow
Grileld chicken Wednesday
Grilled pork loin Thursday
Sushi Friday

(That should take care of my posting here for the week)

Strip Steak from Outback..baked potato with butter and bacon bits..house salad extra croutons..tangy tomatoe dressing on the side..washed down with some Wheat beer..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Dueling Ribeyes - Beef and Buffalo

haven't picked the sides or the sauce yet. I have some nice dried morels though that I'll probably incorporate somehow.

Why don't I know about morals??? I never see them on a restaurant menu or at the grocery store..and I never get to eat rabbit either..yikes..I'm starving..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Morels are a wild mushroom....can't be grown. Their season is from right about now (though there are none in the states currently) to mid-September during a good season. There are some on the market now from Turkey which are VERY nice.