• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

One slice of Pepperoni pizza, leftover gaspacho, pretzals..water..

No ice cream and no beer...I'll probably lose a pound.

drjeff

The debate is going on right now. My wife wants to goto the new real fancy steak place by were staying right now and drop probably $150 by the time dinner and a couple of drinks are had, and I want to goto the nice brew pub right on the banks of the Hudson River and have a couple of craft brews (they have a maple brown nut ale which is mighty tasty) and a burger while sitting riverside on a deck enjoying the evening.

My hunch is I'll be putting on the fancier clothes and dropping some $$ tonight. Not so bad in that today is our 11th anniversary :)

The debate is going on right now. My wife wants to goto the new real fancy steak place by were staying right now and drop probably $150 by the time dinner and a couple of drinks are had, and I want to goto the nice brew pub right on the banks of the Hudson River and have a couple of craft brews (they have a maple brown nut ale which is mighty tasty) and a burger while sitting riverside on a deck enjoying the evening.

My hunch is I'll be putting on the fancier clothes and dropping some $$ tonight. Not so bad in that today is our 11th anniversary :)

We expect a dinner TR...I'm going to the supermarket in a few. I'm starving like marvin after my 10+ mile walk. I think I'm going to make a salad, maybe some thincrust frozen pizza and some sort pf steak...oh yeah and I'm getting ice cream and popsicles..Wow it's 6:30PM on a Saturday and I haven't had one beer yet..I'll drink quite a few in a little bit though..

Polished off the oysters, gonna have the ceviche a little later. Got all the veg prepped for it. Just gotta steam off some shrimps for it, lime juice makes em tough.

I just looked up on google to see what a ceviche is...I've had that before at a local restaurant..it's a mango salad with crab in it.

Moe are you drunk??

Moe Ghoul

I just looked up on google to see what a ceviche is...I've had that before at a local restaurant..it's a mango salad with crab in it.

Moe are you drunk??

Uh, the operative word there is "local". Mango and crab sounds kinda gross. Buzzed, but not drunk. I rarely get stinkin drunk. I like buzz maintenance.

This is pretty close to my recipe, but I add more seafood variety.
http://www.recipezaar.com/8899

Uh, the operative word there is "local". Mango and crab sounds kinda gross. Buzzed, but not drunk. I rarely get stinkin drunk. I like buzz maintenance.

When I start drinking beer in about an hour..I'll do my best to achieve buzz maintenence...2 beers an hour for me is good..anything slower and the beer gets warm..I don't know how the tailgaters do it who start at 8:00AM

drjeff

When I start drinking beer in about an hour..I'll do my best to achieve buzz maintenence...2 beers an hour for me is good..anything slower and the beer gets warm..I don't know how the tailgaters do it who start at 8:00AM

It's all about the pre season training GSS! ;) :beer:

Terry

It takes years of practice. You have to learn to pace yourself.

bill2ski

Thanks for the reminder our 11th is under a month away. I need to start planning something or I'll be shelling out big time $ trying to pull it together at the last minute.

bill2ski

Tempura fried shrimp , seafood ( lobster,scallop,baby shrimp ) newberg, Cesar salad, broiled haddock, and red tater salad.

I missed Friday fish fry , Am I over compensating ? ...........NAAAH !