• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Front 4?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Not much like that at Jay. Upper River Quai can be rocky and there are some nice cliffy type drops at the top of the Bonaventure Chair. Nothing mandatory though nor that big though (well, in my opinion, heh). Sounds like you hit the latter of the two from your location.

prisnah

Yeah sounds like we're talkng bout the same area. the more i think about it I woudln't say mandatory, but not quite optional either....you just have to pick a real good line to not catch at least a few feet in the air though. Probably not fair to try and compare it to something I haven't skied yet though. But nonetheless there is some nasty nasty stuff to be found in bounds at JP....at least as far as in bounds EC skiing is concerned.

skibum1321

That looks sick azz. If the other 3 at stowe are even close to that it's rougher than the front four at stowe for sure. I'll be there after a mid season dump without question, i want pow on there but with some rock still visible....best time of year for that anyone?

On another note, and I may be wrong here, I coulda sworn i hit something on Jay to the skiers right of the bonaventure that was right up there with that. I ducked a rope, so may not really qualify but it was right near deliverance i believe..coulda been off can-am though....some mando air time on it....especially near the top.
There will always be rock visible on Liftline. I've had a season pass there for 3 years and it always looks sketchy no matter what.

Whenever any discussion about hardest trail in the East comes up I always nominate Liftline, but very few here have skied it so I always seem to be dismissed.

As for a high speed quad, I think that would ruin the mountain. If you want high speed lifts, you can stay over at Stowe. I'll take my nice slow doubles to some of the best terrain/BC in the East. On a side note, I remember hearing rumors about a 6 pack at Sterling a few years back. I really hope that doesn't ever happen.