• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Official Red Sox 2007 Playoff Thread

skibum1321

I have to say I'm a bit nervous about the Indians. The Sox have been playing great ball lately, though, so it should be a good series. I don't have a good feeling about the Dice-K vs. Carmona starts at all...

JimG.

Staff member
Go Indians!

Go National League!

I'll be a stirring here, you can bet on that Sox fans.

ComeBackMudPuddles

and now they have decided to pitch Schilling in game 2, i dont like that decision

Schilling matches up against Carmona better than $100 mn man Dice-K? LOL.

From RedSox.com: "Schilling went 4-3 with a 4.06 ERA in 13 starts at Fenway Park this season."

Curt's gonna have to put some of this on his sock again to distract everyone from his pitching:

istockphoto_1728159_red_lipstick.jpg

(Yes, I have nothing better to do than rain on the Red Sox's parade. How many times can I talk about who should replace Torre/where will A-Rod go/etc.?)

skibum1321

Schilling matches up against Carmona better than $100 mn man Dice-K? LOL.

From RedSox.com: "Schilling went 4-3 with a 4.06 ERA in 13 starts at Fenway Park this season."

Curt's gonna have to put some of this on his sock again to distract everyone from his pitching:

istockphoto_1728159_red_lipstick.jpg

(Yes, I have nothing better to do than rain on the Red Sox's parade. How many times can I talk about who should replace Torre/where will A-Rod go/etc.?)
I doubt that Schilling will steal A-Rod's lipstick to put on his sock. I do agree that at this point, Schill matches up better with Carmona than Dice-K. Plus, Dice-K has pitched better on the road than at Fenway so far this season.

FRITOLAYGUY

I doubt that Schilling will steal A-Rod's lipstick to put on his sock. I do agree that at this point, Schill matches up better with Carmona than Dice-K. Plus, Dice-K has pitched better on the road than at Fenway so far this season.

I just like Schilling in a swing game on the road its its 1-1 , i know he can get it done regardless of his age or where the game is being played, i dont have that same feeling about DICE

2knees

I just like Schilling in a swing game on the road its its 1-1 , i know he can get it done regardless of his age or where the game is being played, i dont have that same feeling about DICE

In my mind, the only scary thing about francona moving schilling up to the 2 slot is that Dice-K will now have to pitch a game 7 if it gets there. How much, or how little, confidence do you have in him in a winner takes all scenario like that? I have little.

Too bad Bucholz isnt around for this series. Not saying a kid with 3 games under his belt was a lock, but it wouldve given me some more confidence. If anything at all goes wrong with matsuzaka, i would trust Clay to step in and give them some quality innings. I dont get that feeling with Lester. He is just too erratic for me.

FRITOLAYGUY

In my mind, the only scary thing about francona moving schilling up to the 2 slot is that Dice-K will now have to pitch a game 7 if it gets there. How much, or how little, confidence do you have in him in a winner takes all scenario like that? I have little.

Too bad Bucholz isnt around for this series. Not saying a kid with 3 games under his belt was a lock, but it wouldve given me some more confidence. If anything at all goes wrong with matsuzaka, i would trust Clay to step in and give them some quality innings. I dont get that feeling with Lester. He is just too erratic for me.

If my math is correct, Beckett can pitch game 3 on 3days rest and have full rest for a game 7 if they chose to go that route. Normally i wouldnt approve of that but i saw him pitch pretty good on 3days rest in 03 closing out the yankees, plus hes had 11days off, geesh

FRITOLAYGUY

The redsox are an even money favorite to win the world series, thats kinda hard to believe considering they are going against cleveland with that pitching.

Mike P.

As of this afternoon, no pitchers have been picked for game 4, Wedge was on EEI today. unsure if it came out in the interview or not but CC does not pitch well on 3 days so bryd likely game four starter for tribe. If Sox down 2-1 heading into game 4, likley they would pitch Beckett for game 4, since day off between 4 & 5 - assuming you don't lose the off day due to rain - he can pitch game 7

Much will hinge on how game 1 goes, Manny, Ortiz, Kielty & Pedoria have good numbers Vs. CC.

For game two you have to think hope is Schilling keeps it close & Sox can make hay against their pen with Borwoski being the weak link.

Dice K. is almost an run better out of Fenway vs. their number 3 pitcher. With Wake I think this line up will have more trouble with knuckleball & they have not seen it as much as the Yankees.

FRITOLAYGUY

I wish i got EEI on my radio down here. Manny is sick against CC 12-21 lifetime, thats unreal. I think i read Ortiz was 5-17. I hope none of these games get rained out.

ChileMass

This could be a VERY tough series for the Sox. Cleveland matches up well in most areas except closer and perhaps a bit on defense. If CC and Fausto can steal a couple of wins early, it could be big trouble for the Sox. Winning game 1 is key.....

Sky

Game one...leave it to Gagne to make it interesting. Apparently he needed to laod the bases and pitch 7 sraight balls in order to get his heart pumping...and strike out Seizemore (sp?).

Game one....Sox!

FRITOLAYGUY

Gagne uggg, tonite is big i feel if we can get both wins against their 2 best pitchers it will just destroy their confidence of coming back in this series.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Please, please, please Francona

DO NOT LET ERIC GAGNE THROW ANOTHER PITCH

granted, he wasn't the only one to blame tonight, but the guy has done absolutely NOTHING positive for the Red Sox