• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2007 Ski Swaps

Euler

Mt. Snow Valley Winter Sports Sale

While you're up in the Mt. Snow area for skiing this weekend you can stop by Twin Valley High School in Wilmington for the Rotary's Ski-Skate Sale. This is a benefit for a scholarship fund the Rotary administers.

Details:

WINTER SPORTS SALE SCHEDULE

Drop Off: Friday, November 9: 3 - 7 p.m.
Volunteer ONLY Sale: Friday, November 9: 7:30 - 9
Sale: Saturday, November 10: 9 - 4
Pickup unsold items and money: Sunday, November 11: 10 - 1

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

hammer

It looks like Nashua Swap has gone commercial. No indication of used equipment any longer. Being run by a for-profit concern.
http://www.skiandboarddeals.com/
Renamed "Winter Sports Expo"

I was gonna drop off stuff to sell.....
There's conflicting info on the web site...the calendar has the swap happening this weekend but if you click on "ski swap and sale" the dates are 30 Nov - 2 Dec.

I sent in an e-mail asking for clarification but no response yet... :-?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

tcharron

Yup...I'll be there on Wednesday to drop stuff off.

I'm wicked confused. Zimmerman's is running it this weekend, which is where they're playing the Warren Miller flick.

Are there two swaps going on maybe?

tcharron

Nope...unless I get any better info in an e-mail response, I guess I'll find out when I get there. :)

You may have gotten there before me, but it's def still a swap sale. When I got there at 1:30ish, they weren't ready to take gear yet tho, told me at best 4pm till they where ready. I'm considering just showing up at 9am on Friday morning. Any idea if they'd take gear for dropoff on Friday morning? I have to leave Nashua at 4 to get the kids and head over to Portsmouth, I told them we'd go see Playground.

hammer

You may have gotten there before me, but it's def still a swap sale. When I got there at 1:30ish, they weren't ready to take gear yet tho, told me at best 4pm till they where ready. I'm considering just showing up at 9am on Friday morning. Any idea if they'd take gear for dropoff on Friday morning? I have to leave Nashua at 4 to get the kids and head over to Portsmouth, I told them we'd go see Playground.
Thanks for the update...I'm heading up this afternoon to drop off my stuff to sell. I'll most likely be there between 4 and 5.

I'd rather not have to wait until Friday...want to be out the door early to go on my first ski trip of the season. :smile:

tcharron

Thanks for the update...I'm heading up this afternoon to drop off my stuff to sell. I'll most likely be there between 4 and 5.

I'd rather not have to wait until Friday...want to be out the door early to go on my first ski trip of the season. :smile:

Apparently we weren't the only ones confused. They said 5 people have showed up before me asking the same thing, because they got the impression from Zimmermans advertising that they'd taken over the swap and it was now their ski sale. *shrug*

Have you in the past dropped things off for sale on Friday instead of the setup day? Those boots with the small toe box I'm going to try to get some cash for, and if I do, pick up another pair of boots for this year, be annoyed if I couldn't drop them off.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Apparently we weren't the only ones confused. They said 5 people have showed up before me asking the same thing, because they got the impression from Zimmermans advertising that they'd taken over the swap and it was now their ski sale. *shrug*

Have you in the past dropped things off for sale on Friday instead of the setup day? Those boots with the small toe box I'm going to try to get some cash for, and if I do, pick up another pair of boots for this year, be annoyed if I couldn't drop them off.

I will be going over between 330 and 4. The promotion this year is really bad. One add says it's sponsored by Zim's, another says Ascutney. Exchange club has wrong dates on their sites and worst of all, nobody from either Exchange or the promotional outfit responded by email or phone.

It reminds me of the police benevolent associations that subs it out its begging to a commercial firm, which gets 95% and the benevolent association gets 5%. Sad. Exchange club will get hosed on this one.

tcharron

I will be going over between 330 and 4. The promotion this year is really bad. One add says it's sponsored by Zim's, another says Ascutney. Exchange club has wrong dates on their sites and worst of all, nobody from either Exchange or the promotional outfit responded by email or phone.

It reminds me of the police benevolent associations that subs it out its begging to a commercial firm, which gets 95% and the benevolent association gets 5%. Sad. Exchange club will get hosed on this one.

The entire thing is sponsored by Zimmermans. Zimmermans got Ascutney to give out free tickets for their showing of PlayGround in exchange for 'sponsorship' label, as well as physically having a booth there. That is my understanding.

tcharron