• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

anyone using new gear this season

Hawkshot99

Hawkshot, I love my Dalbello Kryptons!!! Everything about them seems to be very well thought out!

I wanted to get some Kryptons, but the middle buckle just does not work well with my foot. I love the idea behind kryptons though, and everyone that I know who uses them, loves them.

Retail on them in right at $500 i think. I work in a shop though.....:lol:;-)

I just bought Atomic Boots for $199..they're a previous years model..but are so much better than my old Langes..I also bought some Tyrolia Mojo bindings with the wide breaks to be mounted on my Rossi Scratch BCs..the shop didn't charge a mounting fee and I'm getting the new skis hot waxed..I also bough a beenie to go under my helmet for uber cold days..

Trekchick

I wanted to get some Kryptons, but the middle buckle just does not work well with my foot. I love the idea behind kryptons though, and everyone that I know who uses them, loves them.
I think that middle buckle is one of my favourite features. I like how in snugs my heel in its pocket. Very well thought out boots!
Sorry the Krypton didn't work for you.

bvibert

Staff member
I went a little crazy at the local ski swap today. I saw these beautiful Vertigo G4's sitting in the racks when I dropped my old boots off friday night. After I found out that we had sold my old boots and my wife's old skis I knew the I had a little 'extra' to play with. The G4's just had to come home to join my quiver. Who cares if I may never get to use them in the conditions they were made for or that I didn't really have the money to blow on them or even that they're relatively old, they looked cool and are in really good shape, and now they're mine. :p We also picked up a new pair of Dynastars for my wife the day before, they're all adjusted up and ready to go.

New_G4s_and_Novas_sm.sized.jpg

While we were there we couldn't resist picking up some very cheap gear for my daughter to play with...

Maggies_Elans_sm.sized.jpg

$10 for the skis and $12 for the boots. ;)

Greg

Staff member
I went a little crazy at the local ski swap today. I saw these beautiful Vertigo G4's sitting in the racks when I dropped my old boots off friday night. After I found out that we had sold my old boots and my wife's old skis I knew the I had a little 'extra' to play with. The G4's just had to come home to join my quiver. Who cares if I may never get to use them in the conditions they were made for or that I didn't really have the money to blow on them or even that they're relatively old, they looked cool and are in really good shape, and now they're mine. :p We also picked up a new pair of Dynastars for my wife the day before, they're all adjusted up and ready to go.

New_G4s_and_Novas_sm.sized.jpg

While we were there we couldn't resist picking up some very cheap gear for my daughter to play with...

Maggies_Elans_sm.sized.jpg

$10 for the skis and $12 for the boots. ;)

Sweet, Brian! What length are the Vertigos? Those skis are perfect to get your daughter sliding around.

bvibert

Staff member
Sweet, Brian! What length are the Vertigos? Those skis are perfect to get your daughter sliding around.

The Vertigos are 178s. I almost got a pair of 7 24 Pros that were 170s, but they were more beat up and the wider waist on the G4s was giving me visions of surfing pow... ;)

Those kids skis are probably a bit long for her right now, but they should be fine for what she'll be doing in them this season. The boots are on the big side too, but I couldn't resist the cheap price tag. ;) She wouldn't let me take them off and instead walked around for like 45 minutes with them on as I browsed the rest of the swap. She kept saying that she couldn't wait for winter. :D

koreshot said:
Those G4s are nice.

Thanks, I coulnd't believe how good of shape they were in. Save for a few small knicks on the top sheet it's almost as if they've never been skied...

Greg

Staff member
The Vertigos are 178s. I almost got a pair of 7 24 Pros that were 170s, but they were more beat up and the wider waist on the G4s was giving me visions of surfing pow... ;)

Those kids skis are probably a bit long for her right now, but they should be fine for what she'll be doing in them this season. The boots are on the big side too, but I couldn't resist the cheap price tag. ;) She wouldn't let me take them off and instead walked around for like 45 minutes with them on as I browsed the rest of the swap. She kept saying that she couldn't wait for winter. :D

Thanks, I coulnd't believe how good of shape they were in. Save for a few small knicks on the top sheet it's almost as if they've never been skied...

Nice. Great length. Should be an awesome natural snow conditions board for you.

snowmonster

All right, I'm officially a gear whore (snoseek is my jedi master). Got a pair of Rossi R11 Mutix on EBay. I always wanted one and the price was good so I put in a bid. Turns out I was the only bidder. I figure that it'll be my groomer ski and I could use it as a race ski if I get that far in this sport.

Hawkshot99

All right, I'm officially a gear whore (snoseek is my jedi master). Got a pair of Rossi R11 Mutix on EBay. I always wanted one and the price was good so I put in a bid. Turns out I was the only bidder. I figure that it'll be my groomer ski and I could use it as a race ski if I get that far in this sport.

They are alot of fun. I have a pair in 175 length. The things are very stable at all speeds, yet very nimble going slow.

I wanted to sell them last spring because they were just too stable. I would be racing down a trail at real high speeds with no worry on if they would hold. The speeds I was going were just stupid, so I was going to sell them to slow myself down. Now I am gonna race, so I will be keeping them.

Terry

I bought a pair of Rossi z9s at the end of last season. I got them cheap at the closeout sale last season at the local shop.

snowmonster

Hawkshot, thanks for the good feedback. I got mine in the 165 length and will experiment with the arms as soon as snow conditions get decent. I've been angling for this ski for a long time and price was a major factor to scare me away. I'm glad about the deal I got though. I'll use this ski to outrun ski patrol!

Terry, can't wait to ski (and barbecue) at the River! The Z9 is my everyday ski. I'm very happy with it and I know you will too. Got mine at the end of the season last year. This store on Rt 4 in VT was basically giving it away. The ski was actually outside the store by the highway (if I was a thief, I could have swiped it but that would be so wrong -- and really bad karma). Anyway, it was a give-away price too. Never pay retail! See you this weekend.

Hawkshot99

Hawkshot, thanks for the good feedback. I got mine in the 165 length and will experiment with the arms as soon as snow conditions get decent.

I found that for all around to use the short arms. They are still very stable when going fast, but much easier for short turns than the long arms.

Hawkshot99

Just ordered myself some Scott Mission's, and new goggles. Gonna get some bindings tomorrow night. Now I just need a helmet and pants....

Well ordered my Rossi Axial 120's.

Last edited:

bigbog

...new gear

Really looking forward to the ski & walk modes of my Endorphins along with the rejunenated, gouge-filled G3s(Volkl);-)
Hey those Missions read like a nice ride HS99.

Mildcat

New Diablo Flames and a Giro G10 helmet w/tuneups. I also had my crossfires tuned to a .5 degree base and 3 degree side bevel. I can't wait to see how that works out on the hardpack.

Mildcat

Damn, while I was posting this I have SAC in a separate window and they have the Giro g10 with the tuneups II for $56. I paid about $110 for the helmet and $25 for the tuneups.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Damn, while I was posting this I have SAC in a separate window and they have the Giro g10 with the tuneups II for $56. I paid about $110 for the helmet and $25 for the tuneups.
Isn't that always the way?

I keep eyeing those K2 Phat Luvs on SAC. I really want them but Brian seems to think I don't need them. :roll:

Hawkshot99

Well I added a Giro G10 MX helmet, Scott Slalom shin and hand guards as I hope to join school ski team, and a pair of pants today. This sport is addicting on gear.:)