• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

anyone using new gear this season

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Why does Brian get to have all the fun...The Phat Luvs look sweet..
I agree!! :beer: But he feels I should really get on skis again first and demo before I decide on something so drastically different. Especially since he's convinced there's little use for them in this area of the country. :roll:

Then again, if I go for some twin tip BC skis (I've been looking at Scratch Girls or Dynastar She's Trouble), then I'll have a lot more versatility. You know, in case I want to get all steezy at my old age. :lol: Wait, did I even say that right? :blink:

I agree!! :beer: But he feels I should really get on skis again first and demo before I decide on something so drastically different. Especially since he's convinced there's little use for them in this area of the country. :roll:

Then again, if I go for some twin tip BC skis (I've been looking at Scratch Girls or Dynastar She's Trouble), then I'll have a lot more versatility. You know, in case I want to get all steezy at my old age. :lol: Wait, did I even say that right? :blink:

Well Demo-ing is a great option..Phat Loves would also be great on hardpacked groomers due to their sidecut..After skiing my new Rossi Scratch BCs which are 88mm underfoot this past weekend..it will be weird being back on my skinny ice coast carvers..

Trekchick

Isn't that always the way?

I keep eyeing those K2 Phat Luvs on SAC. I really want them but Brian seems to think I don't need them. :roll:
You need to explain the difference between want and need :-D

You definitely NEED to put the Blizzard Titan EOS on your short list to demo!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You need to explain the difference between want and need :-D

You definitely NEED to put the Blizzard Titan EOS on your short list to demo!
I saw yours...was it on Epic? They're on the list, too. :D

Now if only I can find a way to get somewhere this season that will actually have an assortment of skis I want to demo.

Though to be fair, the Phat Luvs on SAC are last year's which had a smaller waist than this year's. That's my argument, anyway, for why I should just get them instead of trying to demo. I don't think that worked.

Trekchick

I saw yours...was it on Epic? They're on the list, too. :D

Now if only I can find a way to get somewhere this season that will actually have an assortment of skis I want to demo.

Though to be fair, the Phat Luvs on SAC are last year's which had a smaller waist than this year's. That's my argument, anyway, for why I should just get them instead of trying to demo. I don't think that worked.
The SkiDivas are planning on skiing at Stowe the Monday after ESA.Dec 17th
I'll have my EOS, Nordica Firefox and Elan Wave Spice with me. Happy to let you try any of them if you're around.
Looks like some of the Mr Divas will be there too!

bigbog

...this week....

Am finishing the modding on one Endorphin...along with fixing up the scratches & one gouge on the almost-freebie 70mm-W hardpack G3s....hoping to get out tomorrow or on a following weekday for day #1.
94mm-W Liberty Hazmats (twintips) supposed to show up on Wednesday...:cool:

Geoff

I'm on the 2008 model year Salomon X-Wing Fury in a 184. I got to try them last March when they brought a couple dozen prototypes into the country. Salomon fixed the ski this year. It's now wood core, comes in longer lengths, and is much beefier than their 2006 and 2007 model. This ski replaces the old Xtra Hot as the all mountain ski that works equally well in powder, cut-up powder, and the firm stuff. The target market for this ski in this length is 6 foot+ advanced skiers who don't miss many meals.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Let's see... the updated list?

Dynastar Nova 154cm with Look Exclusive bindings
Dynastar Marie Martinod Pro model TT 165cm with Look NX10 bindings
Smith Phenom Spherical Goggles-Burg Pillowcase/Platinum Mirror (arriving today!!!!)
Smartwool socks (thinner than my previous pairs of ski socks...seeing if that helps with the boot issues)

Since I sold my Rossi Saphir Snows, retired my ski socks, and ditched one pair of goggles (still have a clear pair...forget which brand), this is mostly replacement of equipment instead of additional. Mostly. ;)

I think that's everything.......

prisnah

Decided last week to cash in like half the quiver. Adding Armada 176 AR6 to the quiver this weekend. Picked up a used pair of PE's in a 179.

Hawkshot99

Well here are some pics of most of my new stuff for this year. Not the jacket or pants though.

100_0258.jpg

Scott Mission (178)
Rossi Axial 120
Dalbello Proton 12
Spy Soldiers (X2)
Scott Motive (free from rep)
Scott Race poles with hand guards
Shin guards
Giro G10 MX
Giro Talon

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Jezz, Hawkshot. Maybe this list would be easier if you list what type of gear you haven't gotten this season :lol:

Those Scott Missions tops sheets are beautiful. Never considered those before, the specs look good and I might add that to my short list (yet another ski I probably will not be able to find a demo for. why are all the good looking skis not made by the majors?). Please post a review of the skis after you have some days on natural snow if you don't mind, 'twoud be appreciated!