• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If It's Open, Mount Snow Gathering for 11/12?

Greg

Staff member
Ahem: http://www.mountsnow.com/snowreport.html

Luke said:
We sure had fun in the jib park on Launch Pad. Now it's time to build up our base and get some trails open. Starting Thursday evening, temps look like they will hang out in the 20s every night through next week. My spies in Mountain Operations have informed me that Macho Snowmakerman Randy Barrows is itching to get the new fan guns humming on our Canyon/Standard route. River Run will get a whitening treatment so guests can get to the North Face, where they can take the lift back to the summit. And coming straight from the Peak Resorts owner himself, there are plans to start blowing on our new Vermontster park as early as possible.

Last Wednesday I made a prediction that we'd be open by November 12. If this weather forecast holds, I'll be seeing you then.

If that stuff in bold + Chute comes to pass, I'll be there.

MRGisevil

Yeah, in CT we actually get negative holidays where we have to come in 6 days out of the week and not get paid for it. I hate it. My father in law works for Westfield State College and gets flipping bunker hill day off.

I'd do it if it weren't a dreaded work day :(

Greg

Staff member
Right now things look very promising starting Tuesday night:

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 38.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Veterans Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.

I might actually be skiing in a bit over a week!

madskier6

If I can sneak away that Monday, I'll be at Mt. Snow. I need to start my season soon. The jones is real bad!! :snow:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Looking more promising for Monday, can't wait!
custom_banana.gif
:spread::spread:
custom_banana.gif

roark

I'm probably out, especially if they're open on the weekend. Got to save the time off for later.

powhunter

got em back the other day....but i was pissed cause they mounted em with the "lifter plates"...after I told them how i wanted them done..but wtf...its only like a 1/8th inch lift..yea hopefully well have some decent snow on mon..
steve