• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If It's Open, Mount Snow Gathering for 11/12?

reefer

Will snow Saturday

Since I will be skiing this w/e, it will surely snow. That's just the way it works with me...............

Grassi21

Watchu mean maybe!:smash:

Well wifey said OK. Just have to check with the boss. I had to submit my vaca days for Nov/Dec a week ago. I just need to ask if I can make a little swap.

Greg

Staff member
Lets Start a List of who is going:
ALLSKIING
Greg
Bvibert
Jim
Andyzee
Powhunter
awf170
Zand
Who did I miss.

Again, I'm contingent on Chute being open. Canyon/Standard, River Run and Chute would make for an impressive early season offering.

Greg

Staff member
Terrain snob.

I know. I know. I would be burning a V-Day though so I need to be a bit selective. In all honesty, if everyone in ALLSKIING's list commit, I'll probably go anyway for the camaraderie and to see if I actually still remember how to ski... ;)

Do we have anymore info on this??

Too early to tell, I'm sure, but they'll have good weather for a lot of snowmaking this week.

I sent Chris, et al. a PM with a suggestion to offer some interesting terrain for advanced skiers. Any guesses? ;)

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I said before that something on the NF has to be open to go...but.....am now thinking of going Sun and Mon regardless of what is open. I just really need to start my season NOW!!
I think ASC opened Chute on the first day every year.

Greg

Staff member
I said before that something on the NF has to be open to go...but.....am now thinking of going Sun and Mon regardless of what is open. I just really need to start my season NOW!!
I think ASC opened Chute on the first day every year.

Well, they are planning to spin fans on Upper Canyon, Canyon, Standard, Launch Pad, Long John, Nugget and the new Vermontster terrain park. The snow report alludes to the possibility of River Run and maybe Snowdance if conditions allow. That's a lot of snow to blow before the weekend so it's my guess TNF is out.

If so, here's a thought. How about seeding some bumps on Snowdance (plenty wide to let intermediates avoid them) or maybe even Standard. Nothing crazy - say 500 vertical feet of two or three lines. That would get me there in a heartbeat! :spread: Those fans could lay a base and then topcoat a few strings of bumps in no time. I would imagine a lot of effort is going into the park - so how about something for us bumpers?

I know. I'm nuts. So much so that I Emailed this idea to Tim Boyd himself... :lol:

JimG.

Staff member
Well, they are planning to spin fans on Upper Canyon, Canyon, Standard, Launch Pad, Long John, Nugget and the new Vermontster terrain park. The snow report alludes to the possibility of River Run and maybe Snowdance if conditions allow. That's a lot of snow to blow before the weekend so it's my guess TNF is out.

If so, here's a thought. How about seeding some bumps on Snowdance (plenty wide to let intermediates avoid them) or maybe even Standard. Nothing crazy - say 500 vertical feet of two or three lines. That would get me there in a heartbeat! :spread: Those fans could lay a base and then topcoat a few strings of bumps in no time. I would imagine a lot of effort is going into the park - so how about something for us bumpers?

I know. I'm nuts. So much so that I Emailed this idea to Tim Boyd himself... :lol:

You know, it's pretty easy to set up a decent bump line with enough ski poles.

Greg

Staff member
Pretty easy bait to take.

And it is pretty easy to set up a line.

You will be our terrain chief then. Just tell us dummies what to do. ;)

Unless Tim runs with my idea. He seems like that type of guy (I know, but a guy can dream, right?)