• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If It's Open, Mount Snow Gathering for 11/12?

Zand

AZ Mount Snow Day: Monday, November 12, 2007

11/12 is a holiday here in MA for Veterans Day (thanks to the old "if it falls on a Sunday you get Monday off" law). Don't know about the other states. Anyway, anyone up for a little early season Mount Snow that day if they're open by then?

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Wow. Hoping to be open by 11/12? Who knows, right? I've skied Mount Snow as early as November 9 in the past so you never know.

With that said, it would have to be a V-day for me and I've already made the decision to not take any in November and not as many in December this season and save them more for mid-winter conditions. Now once I start reading TRs and stuff, I'll probably pretty get antsy...

reefer

It would have to snow there 11/11 - 11/12 for me to go. Greg said it all, have to work ........plus for me vacation days are POWDER days......especially before January.
If it is opening day - I would be inclined to take the day off however!

Zand

Mount Snow surely seems confident that... from thier website... "1.)Mount Snow will be open by November 12."

I can't believe I might actually be skiing in 19 days.

Greg

Staff member
As much as I'd rather sit tight a bit and save a vacation day, I might actually be into this...

roark

If it's open, I'm in. Have not yet recieved my pass so maybe I'll have an excuse to pick it up.

Greg

Staff member
So....what you're all saying is, we'll be skiing in 16 days? ;) If Chute or some other North Face run is part of the terrain offering, I would give this serious consideration. If it's just Canyon/Standard, I'll probably pass.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
So....what you're all saying is, we'll be skiing in 16 days? ;) If Chute or some other North Face run is part of the terrain offering, I would give this serious consideration. If it's just Canyon/Standard, I'll probably pass.
I would agree with this...something on the NF has to be open.

Greg

Staff member
If its open before K then yep. But Nf has to be open.

Sweet! I'll bring your 1080s.

Seriously, if they get a run open on TNF, I'll likely be into this. Probably won't be able to click in until 10 am or so though.