• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If It's Open, Mount Snow Gathering for 11/12?

roark

Are any of you guys who are skiing Mount Snow on Monday skiing there on Saturday and Sunday as well? There's no official word as to if they're opening on Saturday but it seems like a good chance for fresh cord at 8:00AM on Saturday...

As for starting at 10:00AM...lol..shame shame..except Greg doesn't like high speed fresh cord..lol
I'll probably be there Sunday. Still haven't gotten the pass in the mail so I might have to get a new pic or something.

No...I have to be a responsible parent. I'll happily eat up the chopped up LSGR on the trail sides, thanks.

Loose Granuler...haha..I call that stuff Mad Sweet and Low..sugar snow..My skis have the factory Rossi tune..not the really sharp tune that AtomicSkier from PASR does for me so I might be milking the sides as well...I hope it gets above freezing during the day to soften the snow up..

Greg

Staff member
Have to agree with Dave on this one. You gotta take one for the team this time of year. Skiing under the guns can be fun until you get that wet splat! of snowmaking...

awf170

Do it Marc! You know you want to come. Though if we still ski Sunday, Sunday River would probably be a way easier option.

Greg

Staff member
It's going to be frigid this weekend...I might have to wear my ear-muffs and legwarmers..

The weather on Sunday and Monday is looking great so far with highs near 40 and sunny skies. Lows at night in the teens. Sweet!

bvibert

Staff member
The weather on Sunday and Monday is looking great so far with highs near 40 and sunny skies. Lows at night in the teens. Sweet!

Looks like it might be a bit nip first thing in the morning, but should be nice as the day goes on! :D Should have plenty of opportunity to blow snow between now and then. If you trust forecasts that far out... ;)

I can't believe Mount Snow hasn't announced whether or not they're opening Saturday at 8:00AM yet..they keep saying Don't be Surprised..??? Anybody have the word??

I would say its a go.

Me and my buddy from PASR are leaving at 2:00PM tomorrow and staying in Bennington..I picked up my new freshly waxed skis today all mounted up from the shop and I'm ready to go..I'll be skiing most of the day Saturday and probably till around lunchtime Sunday..Holla

Newpylong

I'm probably in... You guys want to meet somewhere? 10am around the Summit Triple?

Anyway, here's to a good opening. I think they just don't want to give the official word and then not follow through, but I can't see them not opening given the temps up there tonight and tomorrow.

I am in my 20's, I wear a green/black North Face jacket, Volkl 724 skis and new white/blue Nordica boots. Say hi!