• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you do with your poles on the chair?

gmcunni

I hate it when other people on the chair start putting the bar down before i'm set with my poles under my leg.

bdfreetuna

Poles make for giant praying mantis arm extensions to put the bar down super early and keep the bar from being lifted until the last second. Sometimes sneak one around and play the "pop off a stranger's bindings" game.

Wicked1

Just keep the straps around the wrists... ready to get off and ski.
Lift attendants have never said a thing about it.
Always sure to not have them pointed at, or near anyone.
Let them dangle

Or I'll stick them under a leg if it is busy.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I hate it when other people on the chair start putting the bar down before i'm set with my poles under my leg.

My bad:sadwalk::sadwalk:I've done it to a few people . I'm a bit funny about getting it down asap ,I was on a rollback when I was like 12 or 13 that went 50' or so and stopped quickly swinging the chair almost horizontal . Really freaked me out and it stuck with me all those years.

Speaking of poles I saw a boarder using poles the last time I was out . New fad or some practical application getting through flat areas? Do they work for turning?

jmgard

Speaking of poles I saw a boarder using poles the last time I was out . New fad or some practical application getting through flat areas? Do they work for turning?

I hand off my poles to my boarder friends on bad traverses, I can skate just fine without them and it's a lot better than waiting forever for them to walk

So Inclined

I saw an "interesting" hanging-pole technique in use the other day; solo skier (so he had the chair's rails to himself), had his poles turned so one was right side up and one upside down, the pole strap wrapped around the outside rail, then secured/levered with the basket of the upside down pole. Pretty sure the basket of the other pole was entwined in the other pole's basket, too.

Never seen that before. Not sure I'd trust it.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
strapless.jpg Still using my old strapless 1980 Scott grips. I've moved them to new poles every few years. They hang really well. Just have to pay attention to mid stations and pull them up.

cdskier

I've started putting my poles under my leg far more often this year. Otherwise I just hold them in one hand.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Ha, thought I was alone doing that! I'll never voluntarily give up those grips!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Skied with my twin cousins last year ...Yup they do the same :razz:

Hope SCOTT CO. reads this . I ski with one Yellow and one Black ,deters pole thieves . Yellow ones looking a bit rough though.

When I replace the poles I use a cordless drill and chuck the tip . One hand hold the drill the other sandpaper and in a few seconds have a brushed aluminum finish .

galbro

Skied with my twin cousins last year ...Yup they do the same :razz:

Hope SCOTT CO. reads this . I ski with one Yellow and one Black ,deters pole thieves . Yellow ones looking a bit rough though.

When I replace the poles I use a cordless drill and chuck the tip . One hand hold the drill the other sandpaper and in a few seconds have a brushed aluminum finish .
If you see one blue and one black you found me! But not anti theft, it's all I have left...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk