• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Temperature thread..

This warm weather is killing me it's 72 degrees outside..and I'm about to polish off a 40 ouncer and watch Warren Millers classic Ski Country..awesome old-school steeze. :daffy:It will only be 3-4 weeks until I ski, until then...post the temperature in your backyard and the first person to post a sub-freezing temperature gets a beer or sub $4 snack on me...:daffy:

FRITOLAYGUY

Hang in there Steeze, look at it like this you wouldnt be skiing this weekend unless you were in Denver where my buddy just called me with 6 inches of snow in his front yard, so you might as well enjoy the 75degrees instead of say 45 and inbetween where you cant do anything, ski, golf, etc.

MikeTrainor

Which climbed to 76. At work we are still running two 500 ton chillers to cool the building. By now we shouldn't have to run any. And if you are wondering what 1000 tons of AC is, it equals 12000000 BTU's.

We have still been running our chiller at work too. Usually by this time of year we can just use make-up air(outside air) to cool the building. I can tell you chillers/compressors/ water pumps are expensive to run, over the last 5 years this is the latest we have gone with it.

ccskier

I was in Ogunquit, ME this morning, temp was 66 at 9AM. Got home back to Yarmouth, MA and temp was 75 this afternoon. I was in VT last weekend and it was in the low 40's, that is more like it.

Mildcat

This warm weather is killing me it's 72 degrees outside..and I'm about to polish off a 40 ouncer and watch Warren Millers classic Ski Country..awesome old-school steeze. :daffy:It will only be 3-4 weeks until I ski, until then...post the temperature in your backyard and the first person to post a sub-freezing temperature gets a beer or sub $4 snack on me...:daffy:

If I lie and post that it is 30 degrees in Worcester do I still get a beer? ;-)

ajl50

THIS SUCKS.

They are taking my fall away from me. I can't handle it. I'm so sick of hearing the news here go on and on about the GREAT weather we're having.Ohhh isn't this nice..it's 78 and sunny-- NO. It sucks. Where are the COLD nights? The leave's haven't even changed colors. WTF? I mean first winter gets shorter...and that stinks but I expected that. But taking away fall? Are you kidding me? That's the last straw.
I need to move...

THIS SUCKS.

They are taking my fall away from me. I can't handle it. I'm so sick of hearing the news here go on and on about the GREAT weather we're having.Ohhh isn't this nice..it's 78 and sunny-- NO. It sucks. Where are the COLD nights? The leave's haven't even changed colors. WTF? I mean first winter gets shorter...and that stinks but I expected that. But taking away fall? Are you kidding me? That's the last straw.
I need to move...

Maybe winter will be like fall..you do live in Philly and it's freakin warm down there..

hammer

In the upper 40s this morning...definitely warmer than normal, but not summer-like.

I guess I don't mind the warmer weather too much...I have yard projects that I'm running behind on, and if this weather continues, at least I won't have to put them off until the spring.

I'd rather have more seasonable temps but I might as well take advantage of what we have...

Greg

Staff member
Out local met (WTNH) commented this morning that we are on track for the warmest October ever. :eek: He also indicated warm Octobers and Novembers do not bode well for snowy winters. :-? Anyone know of any documented correlation there?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Out local met (WTNH) commented this morning that we are on track for the warmest October ever. :eek: He also indicated warm Octobers and Novembers do not bode well for snowy winters. :-? Anyone know of any documented correlation there?
I don't think they have a clue.....They asked our local weather man the same thing and he said it has no relation what so ever.

tjf67

Enjoy the weather it is going to turn soon enough. I am very happy when we get days like this in Oct. You cant ski anyways it may as well be nice enough to play some golf.

At this point in the years you should be getting a calming effect cause it is right around the corner. Whether it be Nove or December it is comming. Just make sure youare ready for it when it does. BABABOOHIE BABAHOOHIE