• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski shop recomendation

I would not worry...$399 for the Diablo Race Pro boots is a good deal IMO. That was less than I paid for my Diablo Flames...

Aside from the flex, would the Race Pros have a tighter fit?

Yes, the Race Pro is a narrower shell than the Flame, 98mm last vs 100mm. $399 is a steal for that boot...the "street" price is $699 for last year's model.

o3jeff

I do have a narrow foot and coming from a couple year old pair of Salomon Evolutions, these fit a lot better in the width and they are stiffer than the Flame model that I tried on also.

I figured I got a great deal when I looked online and no one was really discounting this particular model, let alone there are not a lot of them left out there it seems. I hope I didn't get the sales lady in trouble for selling them for that price.

Last edited:

ZOG

CT bootfitter

Just a heads up for a great bootfitter in CT.
Dave Newman is now working at Ski MArket in Avon, CT.
Dave previously owned Elite Ski and Sport in FArmington, CT
He has been part of the America's Best Bootfitters
Here is the site http://www.bootfitters.com/
although I currently do not see his name there.

I had a very hard time fitting some race boots last year and Dave fixed it right, the first time after others had not been able to do.