• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Late October Snowmaking?

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
It's up in the air. We were originally going to fly into Gunnison and ski at the Butte and around there, but we couldn't get 2 seats into Gunnison (really small plane). Got tickets for Denver, gonna maybe do something around there for a day or 2, then maybe do the Butte or something else for 3 or 4 days and come back and do 1 more day near Denver on the day before leaving. Probably just hit up whoever has the best product available. If anyone else is heading out. rental cars are dirt cheap on Expedia for that week right now. Just booked a full size for under $150 all in.

I'll keep you apprised of the conditions, if you'd like. I'll be out 5-6 days a week (both working and skiing).

Greg

Staff member
I would just like to mention that this thread is now the 15th most popular in the skiing forums (based on # of replies). I just knew I was on to something here.

14th most popular.

Greg

Staff member
Post something worthy....

Like:

Highway Star

SNOWMAN.......I'M CALLING YOU OUT FOR A SKI OFF!!!!!!

Post up some actual snowmaking FACTS. DO YOUR MATH. PROVE TO US YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. IT DID NOT TAKE SUGARLOAF 150 HOURS OF SNOWMAKING TO OPEN TOTE ROAD LAST YEAR!!!!

snoseek

It's up in the air. We were originally going to fly into Gunnison and ski at the Butte and around there, but we couldn't get 2 seats into Gunnison (really small plane). Got tickets for Denver, gonna maybe do something around there for a day or 2, then maybe do the Butte or something else for 3 or 4 days and come back and do 1 more day near Denver on the day before leaving. Probably just hit up whoever has the best product available. If anyone else is heading out. rental cars are dirt cheap on Expedia for that week right now. Just booked a full size for under $150 all in.

I bet loveland will be pretty good by then.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
SNOWMAN.......I'M CALLING YOU OUT FOR A SKI OFF!!!!!!

Post up some actual snowmaking FACTS. DO YOUR MATH. PROVE TO US YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. IT DID NOT TAKE SUGARLOAF 150 HOURS OF SNOWMAKING TO OPEN TOTE ROAD LAST YEAR!!!!

Why don't you post something productive like we are?

snowman

I'll keep you apprised of the conditions, if you'd like. I'll be out 5-6 days a week (both working and skiing).

I'll hit you up for intel at the end of Nov. In the meantime, could you please explain the first 10 pages of this (when we were talking about the actual subject at hand) to Highwaystar. I don't have the patience to post (for the 30th time in 2 months) that snow gets made exponentially faster at an RH weighted 15 vs. 25F. Sigh.

snowman

Oh dear, now Highwaystar is confusing snowmaking with skiing ability? As long as there are some gates, he's sunk. If we're talking bumps, I'm sunk. My knees quit being able to run bumps at 30 mph 10 years ago.

Highway Star

Oh dear, now Highwaystar is confusing snowmaking with skiing ability? As long as there are some gates, he's sunk. If we're talking bumps, I'm sunk. My knees quit being able to run bumps at 30 mph 10 years ago.

I'm an ex-racer, chump.

You also have no concept of a ski off....please visit K-zone for more details.

Regardless, you still haven't posted jack squat to back up your assertions about what it takes to open a ski area early.