• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Late October Snowmaking?

snowman

Ooooh. Thanks for the compliment, and I'll try to be more careful then. I really wouldn't want to risk you ignoring me...

You know, snowman, you might actually know some stuff, but, your delivery really sucks. If you would only try to self analyze a bit and learn to be slightly humble, people might like you more. However, antagonistic posts like this one do not help your cause......

I simply give what I get. I've already told you this once. If you want to talk in an interested manner about a subject I know more about than you, great, I'll talk to you about it all day long in a polite manner and explain it to the point that you'll know every bit as much as I do. I know nothing about IT and website building. I SUCK at it. I wish I knew a lot more. I actually need to know a lot more. If you want to teach me about that, I'll sit here and listen all day long and I'm damn sure not going to tell you that you're wrong. To that point, if you were talking about it in here ...say...hmmm...trying to explain HTML or something, and I butt in and respond with "You're a moron Greg, Frontpage is way better", would you get annoyed and begin to talk down to me at that point? Yes, most likely you would. My responses to each person are toned to match whatever they've sent in my direction.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Folks, this is just getting utterly ridiculous. Everyone is being antagonizing, condescending, presumptuous, and arrogant.

Okay, so Snowman's posts come off a little overly assertive. I don't agree with everything he's said either. But good lord, guys... at least he does have some fundamental knowledge base and experience in the industry (more than most people on this forum). It seems all you want to do is attack everything he says and find some way to throw it down his throat. C'mon. Aren't we a little old for that? If you don't like him, pay him no heed and move on. Simple solution. I agree that he could probably take a second to think before he posts some things, but I just don't see what you all think you're accomplishing here.

Just because you don't like someone's online persona... does that mean you should immediately dismiss everything he says?

All you're doing is adding fuel to the fire. Let the dispute rest, and reengage in the topic at hand. And if snowman decides to post something constructive related to the post, it is NOT necessary to pick it apart into a million pieces searching for some new way to flame him.

And snowman, for heaven's sake... quit calling people names. You're not helping things by continuing to put others down with name-calling and condescension. And if you're so sure that you're right about everything, follow the example of a wise man who--when once confronted--simply asked, "Why argue something about which I know I am right?" And perhaps you could consider giving the ego a break and accepting the possibility that maybe someone else is in fact right once in a while?

As soon as everybody gets out skiing the :argue: will stop.

Greg

Staff member
Folks, this is just getting utterly ridiculous. Everyone is being antagonizing, condescending, presumptuous, and arrogant.

Okay, so Snowman's posts come off a little overly assertive. I don't agree with everything he's said either. But good lord, guys... at least he does have some fundamental knowledge base and experience in the industry (more than most people on this forum). It seems all you want to do is attack everything he says and find some way to throw it down his throat. C'mon. Aren't we a little old for that? If you don't like him, pay him no heed and move on. Simple solution. I agree that he could probably take a second to think before he posts some things, but I just don't see what you all think you're accomplishing here.

Just because you don't like someone's online persona... does that mean you should immediately dismiss everything he says?

All you're doing is adding fuel to the fire. Let the dispute rest, and reengage in the topic at hand. And if snowman decides to post something constructive related to the post, it is NOT necessary to pick it apart into a million pieces searching for some new way to flame him.

And snowman, for heaven's sake... quit calling people names. You're not helping things by continuing to put others down with name-calling and condescension. And if you're so sure that you're right about everything, follow the example of a wise man who--when once confronted--simply asked, "Why argue something about which I know I am right?" And perhaps you could consider giving the ego a break and accepting the possibility that maybe someone else is in fact right once in a while?

Oh sure, BMM. :roll: Try to spoil our fun by jumping in here and being the voice of reason... ;)

I don't respond well to condescending personalities. As you pointed out, BMM, I tend to come right back with some patronizing of my own. But, unlike snowman, I don't do this with everyone. Check his previous posts. He even rubs bvibert the wrong way who is the gentlest of gentle giants. I, at least, know I'm being an asshole intentionally. snowman hasn't a clue that he does it. The fact is, when someone makes a post like [POST="192979"]this[/POST], he's lost all credibility in my mind and if he chimes in with something I think is a weak argument, I'm going to call him on it.

snowman

That's even more concise than what I just said. I've had enough of it myself, and that's why I was pointing out I'm not responding to certain people's posts anymore. It was a bit immature I suppose, to name names, but, I was basically just warning you that their targeting looked to be switching to you simply because I'd stopped responding to them. I was merely attempting to save you the same greif.

Greg

Staff member
I simply give what I get. I've already told you this once. If you want to talk in an interested manner about a subject I know more about than you, great, I'll talk to you about it all day long in a polite manner and explain it to the point that you'll know every bit as much as I do. I know nothing about IT and website building. I SUCK at it. I wish I knew a lot more. I actually need to know a lot more. If you want to teach me about that, I'll sit here and listen all day long and I'm damn sure not going to tell you that you're wrong. To that point, if you were talking about it in here ...say...hmmm...trying to explain HTML or something, and I butt in and respond with "You're a moron Greg, Frontpage is way better", would you get annoyed and begin to talk down to me at that point? Yes, most likely you would. My responses to each person are toned to match whatever they've sent in my direction.

You truly are delusional. Almost to the point it's scary...

snowman

But, unlike snowman, I don't do this with everyone.

Incorrect. There are 3 or 4 people on here I converse at eye level with. It's my responses to antagonists and know-it-all's that you're referencing.

Greg

Staff member
Incorrect. There are 3 or 4 people on here I converse at eye level with. It's my responses to antagonists and know-it-all's that you're referencing.

No...it's your responses to any opinion that is not in line with yours...

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Oh sure, BMM. :roll: Try to spoil our fun by jumping in here and being the voice of reason... ;)

I don't respond well to condescending personalities. As you pointed out, BMM, I tend to come right back with some patronizing of my own. But, unlike snowman, I don't do this with everyone. Check his previous posts. He even rubs bvibert the wrong way who is the gentlest of gentle giants. I, at least, know I'm being an asshole intentionally. snowman hasn't a clue that he does it. The fact is, when someone makes a post like [POST="192979"]this[/POST], he's lost all credibility in my mind and if he chimes in with something I think is a weak argument, I'm going to call him on it.

Ooops... sorry, Greg! Didn't mean to be a party-pooper!

But in all seriousness, Greg, you might have better luck if you set the example instead of following others' poor examples. You can be a strong admin without falling into patronization

Hey Snowman, first of all, I'm not going to attack you, because (at least in this thread), I understand where you're coming from. It's tough to have in-depth discussions of advanced industry topics in a setting like this because everyone thinks they know everything, when in reality, most of us don't know nearly as much as we think (yes, you too). But here's an idea for you... instead of reacting to the way people treat you, just treat them with the respect and courtesy that you'd like them to treat you with. Maybe you'll regain some credibility, since you clearly have some amount of industry knowledge (whether others agree or not). Just a thought.

snowman

Alrighty then, fine, that's your opinion. It's my opinion that the opposite is true. Would you like me to stop replying to you? I'm not threatening, I'm asking. You've spent more time taking jabs at me than making a contribution on the actual topic. I'm sick of it. The only reason I care at all is I can tell you're intelligent, but your behaviour toward me is disappointing and bizarre.

Greg

Staff member
But in all seriousness, Greg, you might have better luck if you set the example instead of following others' poor examples. You can be a strong admin without falling into patronization

You are totally right. And anyone that knows me either personally, or based on my posts on these forums for the past 6+ years knows that I try to remain pretty unbiased and civil. However, I've always said that I'm a member first, and an admin second so sometimes I fall into the trap of flaming like the rest of you mere mortals (;)). Seriously though, I'll back off despite the fact that I have trouble ignoring some of what snowman has posted in the past.

Alrighty then, fine, that's your opinion. It's my opinion that the opposite is true. Would you like me to stop replying to you? I'm not threatening, I'm asking. You've spent more time taking jabs at me than making a contribution on the actual topic. I'm sick of it. The only reason I care at all is I can tell you're intelligent, but your behaviour toward me is disappointing and bizarre.

No, I would not like you to stop replying to me, nor anyone else here. I would simply ask that you try to respect others' opinions and not immediately discount them. Whether you believe it or not, you're not always right. Anyway, I appreciate the seemingly forthright tone of this post. Let's consider this a turning point and move forward from here.

deadheadskier

Staff member

frightening even

Here's the deal snowman and I know you won't respond to me, but I firmly believe that if you took, Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson and Ingemar Steinmark and combined them into one person; that person would be more humble and modest than you are. Go put on your designer jeans, pink polo and sport coat and take a walk down the road.......almost everyone here is tired of you.

I'll sumise your life here

SNOWMAN:

I'm right, I'm right, you're wrong, I'm rich, I'm smarter than all you idiots, I know more about snowmaking than the guy who invented the snow gun, in fact I taught him how to invent the snow gun, wanna know how to cheat the governent out of taxes?, you are pathetic just like a woman, I hate poor people, I could defend myself agaisnt Robert Shapiro in a court of law, why would I run a ski resort it wouldn't pay me enough, you all are crazy, I'm right, I know everything, I invented weather forecasting so don't tell me about weather, I invented the internet too so thank me Greg for you having the opportunity to start a message board, this is how every ski resort needs to be, Magic sucks, were you there opening day last year because I was, I'll pay for season passes that don't pay for themselves because I can't be bothered waiting in line for a lift ticket, I pay off my lawyers and accountants with cars, I HATE tolls when I'm driving down the highway in my half ton pick up and 32 foot yaught in tow because I'm an environmentalists and tolls are bad for the environment.

That is you snowman, I hope you're proud of yourself. I'm sure you are a filthy rich content man. Hell I wouldn't be surpised if you OWNED newfoundland.

snowman

But here's an idea for you... instead of reacting to the way people treat you, just treat them with the respect and courtesy that you'd like them to treat you with. Maybe you'll regain some credibility, since you clearly have some amount of industry knowledge (whether others agree or not). Just a thought.

I"m afraid I have a really low tollerance for stupid people. Stupid People: def: People who talk, when they should be listening. People who won't learn, no matter what you psychological tools you engage to try and promote learning. Stupid people are NOT to be confused with the learning disabled.

I've had to deal with a lot of stupid people in my life, and the cumulative result of this is I've discovered stupid people will be/act stupid no matter what you do. The only way you can really deal with them is to beat them at their own game to the point that it shuts them up (you got owned! etc) or simply shut up and walk away yourself. You're quite young (I think) and you're bound to end up with stupid people in your employ in the coming years. I'm stating the conclusion that I've come to after dealing with them for years. I'm not trying to be condecending here at all. I'm actually trying to give you food for thought by providing you with my results after trying everything under the sun. It's fine to try and go with the politically correct "rise above it" idea, but when applied in the real world, it typically doesn't work.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
First of all, deadhead, that was even worse than most of snowman's posts.

I know more about snowmaking than the guy who invented the snow gun,

Now, in an effort to lighten things up a bit, I'll point out that the above quote is probably true, since the guy who invented the snowgun was just blowing water through a nozzle doing experiments related to airplane wings icing up. He didn't give a hoot about air compressors, pumps, efficient nozzles, high-temp nucleators, etc. He just wanted to freeze up some airplane wings. So yeah... snowman does know more about snowmaking than that guy did! :D

snowman

No, I would not like you to stop replying to me, nor anyone else here. I would simply ask that you try to respect others' opinions and not immediately discount them. Whether you believe it or not, you're not always right. Anyway, I appreciate the seemingly forthright tone of this post. Let's consider this a turning point and move forward from here.

That will work for me, in terms of me and you atleast, however, I've come to the conclusion that for the good of this forum and my own personal free time, there are people on here I would do best to not respond to. I hope my response dealing with the racy subject of stupid people does not effect this peace treaty negotiated by the BMMUN....

deadheadskier

Staff member
I"m afraid I have a really low tollerance for stupid people. Stupid People: def: People who talk, when they should be listening. People who won't learn

so, basically what you're saying is you have really low tolerance for yourself???? that must suck

snowman

:lol:

Well, someone's gotta have a voice of reason around here :wink:

I find it quite funny that one of the few that I do see eye to eye with reached the breaking point (again) at the exact same time I did... :smile: