• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Freeze Watch Issued For Much Of SNE

Zand

Besides metro Boston and the Cape, most of the rest of SNE is under a freeze watch tomorrow night. Finally!

adamti91

From WRGB

Weather Advisories: ***A FREEZE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT THROUGH 9AM MONDAY MORNING***.
A Freeze Warning is in effect for Southern Herkimer, Southern Fulton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schoharie, Schenectady, Albany, Rensselaer, Greene, Columbia, Ulster and Dutchess Counties in New York. The Freeze Warning is also in effect for Berkshire County in Massachusetts and Litchfield County in Connecticut. .
The coldest air mass of this season so far, combined with clear skies and diminishing winds, will set the stage for temperatures falling to levels at or below freezing tonight. This will end the growing season in the warned area"

deadheadskier

Staff member
....it's definitely on it's way. This morning was the first since last winter that when I went outside for fresh air after getting up, I needed to go back in to retrieve my sweat shirt

L2RAFO

Thank you for the HB
Summer is over I had enough of the green
Haven't you
I am expecting blue tomorrow
I bet you are too
Holla
Thank you

You can sure say that again!

My snow gun trigger finger is getting very itchy, and no, it's not a fungus ( or at least not one that a little prolonged cold couldn't cure ).

ERJ-145CA

/O.CON.KOKX.FR.Y.0006.071029T0600Z- 071029T1300Z/ SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD- SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-BERGEN-EASTERN PASSAIC-ESSEX-UNION- SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- 1025 PM EDT SUN OCT 28 2007
...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT MONDAY...

A FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT MONDAY.

THE COMBINATION OF CLEAR SKIES AND LIGHT WINDS IN RESPONSE TO AN AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL RESULT IN PLUMMETING TEMPERATURES TONIGHT INTO EARLY MONDAY MORNING. SEVERAL HOURS OF TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S ARE LIKELY WITH AREAS OF FROST DEVELOPING.

A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. SENSITIVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED.

A frost advisory for my county and a lot of the surrounding North Jersey and Southern NY counties. Stoke.:snow:

bvibert

Staff member
It was cold (30F) when I left for work (7:30am) with a small amount of frost on the grass, but I didn't get the pleasure of scraping that first bit of frost off of my windshield yet ..

ERJ-145CA

It was cold (30F) when I left for work (7:30am) with a small amount of frost on the grass, but I didn't get the pleasure of scraping that first bit of frost off of my windshield yet ..

It was pretty thick on my car, my son and I were making handprints in the frost on the side windows.

Phildozer

It was 22F in Central Massachusetts this morning.

My lab went out this morning, hit the frosted grass and looked at me as if to say, "is it that time again"?

Yes, yes it is.

:)