• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hey, it's Snowing!

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
I looked out my window to see that snow is actually falling in the Mad River Valley. Seriously.

Accuweather says that it's 41 degrees, and it's a very, very light and bead-like snow, so it's not like anything is going to stick around. But still, it was unexpected and exciting.

Edit: It's ended already. That lasted what? Three minutes? Didn't even leave wet spots on the deck. But I'm still calling it the first snow of the year. :)

Last edited:

L2RAFO

Great feeling isn't it? I'm jonesin' absurdly for the same experience.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You guys are killing me here! Those are my 2 favorite areas up north! We drove pretty far north today, but apparently not far enough to see the snow flying.

Soon.....

campgottagopee

Had snow flake in the air yesterday in Virgil NY as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing stuck, but still friggin flakes:beer:

dmc

Snowed for a while In Hunter... Could see a slight accumulation in the raod on the 214 notch...

Super had frost this AM... The heat is on now..

bvibert

Staff member
At least we finally got a frost last night! The car thermometer read 30F when I was leaving for work at 7:30.

bobbutts

some of the forecast models and meteorologists are focusing on the potential for a storm coming up the coast about a week from now. Too early to say what will happen with any confidence, but I'll be watching. If things work out just right the mountains will get some snow and then a real shot of cold air after.

Greg

Staff member
some of the forecast models and meteorologists are focusing on the potential for a storm coming up the coast about a week from now. Too early to say what will happen with any confidence, but I'll be watching. If things work out just right the mountains will get some snow and then a real shot of cold air after.

Hasn't YSD been calling for a snowstorm for 11/11? :lol:

Phildozer

It was 22F this morning at the base of Mount Dozer this morning here in Shrewsbury.

If it is cold enough, they'll be making snow tonight.

bvibert

Staff member
It was 22F this morning at the base of Mount Dozer this morning here in Shrewsbury.

If it is cold enough, they'll be making snow tonight.

Sounds like some insider info, thanks for the scoop! Hopefully their website is updated with pics for us all to enjoy once snow-making commences...

Kerovick

It was 34 degrees last night here in MARYLAND!!! That's just crazy!