• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekly Sundown Night Skiing Gathering: 2007-08

MRGisevil

Just caught this thread, I'm so in!!! Greg, do you know if Sundown has any good deals on a Twighlight pass?

Greg

Staff member
Just caught this thread, I'm so in!!! Greg, do you know if Sundown has any good deals on a Twighlight pass?

Cool. Keep an eye on their Website. They haven't updated prices for 2007-08 yet, but night sessions last season were $30, 2 hour tickets were $28 and the savings card at $89 gave some sort of discount. Not sure how much. I think Grassi21 had one. More info:

http://www.skisundown.com/passes/

BTW, I put together a little video tribute to Nor'easter here:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/16864-ski-sundown-bump-run-tribute-video.html

Grassi21

Cool. Keep an eye on their Website. They haven't updated prices for 2007-08 yet, but night sessions last season were $30, 2 hour tickets were $28 and the savings card at $89 gave some sort of discount. Not sure how much. I think Grassi21 had one. More info:

http://www.skisundown.com/passes/

BTW, I put together a little video tribute to Nor'easter here:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/16864-ski-sundown-bump-run-tribute-video.html

If you buy a Savings Card for $89, you can ski for just $15 dollars Mon - Thurs. nights. You also get good discounts on weekend passes etc. I asked about twilight passes in the Ski Sundown AZ Challenge. Hopefully the question will be addresses. They really need a twilight pass or a pick one night a week to ski pass.

Greg

Staff member
They really need a twilight pass or a pick one night a week to ski pass.

I thought they had something like that. I remember a woman telling me about it once on the lift, but never could find any info online. Brian??

Grassi21

I thought they had something like that. I remember a woman telling me about it once on the lift, but never could find any info online. Brian??

I combed over their site before the beginning of last season and couldn't find info. on such a pass.

MRGisevil

Thanks for the info, guys :) I wish they did have something like a twighlight pass... would be beneficial to me, but hey. The $89 sounds like a good bargain too!

Zand

Let me know when the bumps are up on Nor'Easter... I might have to take a ride down there and meet you guys one night.

Greg

Staff member
Let me know when the bumps are up on Nor'Easter... I might have to take a ride down there and meet you guys one night.

Wow! That would be awesome. Prolly 90 minutes from the Worcester area, but if you like low-angle bumps and want to meet a few new AZers it might be worth the drive. Hook up with Austin and drag him down too. Who would've guessed that we could attract visits from out of state to the North to our little 625' vert hill?

We certainly won't be keeping any secrets as to when the bumps are up and running. Looks like a pretty large crew forming for this season! Awesome!

Zand

Once Wachusett's bumps turn to crap about 2 days after they make them, I'll sure be ready to make the trip. Anyway, it shouldn't be too bad of a ride. Just a quick blast down 84 it seems.

I guess I was wrong on that figure... quick check on their directions and it's not as close to 84 as I thought. Almost as easy driving to Springfield and down from there.

EDIT: Besides Wachusett, that 645 vert is bigger than anything else in this state my side of the Connecticut.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Once Wachusett's bumps turn to crap about 2 days after they make them, I'll sure be ready to make the trip. Anyway, it shouldn't be too bad of a ride. Just a quick blast down 84 it seems.

EDIT: Besides Wachusett, that 645 vert is bigger than anything else in this state my side of the Connecticut.

Nope. Hit 84 West to 291 to 91 to Route 20 by the airport to Route 219 and come in the back way. This way you'll avoid driving through Hartford and Route 44 in the Avon/Canton area which can be a nightmare in the early evening when you'll most likely be driving through.

Zand

Is 190 much of a PITA as far as going through town centers, etc? I could hop onto that off the 2nd exit off 84 in CT and that goes to 91 just north of the airport. Just trying to find a way to avoid going that close to Hartford and then backtracking while at the same time avoiding Springfield.

When I was thinking about a shot down 84, I was thinking about where Southington is down near Bristol and Lake Compounce. Got my hills mixed up lol.

Greg

Staff member
Is 190 much of a PITA as far as going through town centers, etc? I could hop onto that off the 2nd exit off 84 in CT and that goes to 91 just north of the airport. Just trying to find a way to avoid going that close to Hartford and then backtracking while at the same time avoiding Springfield.

Can't say that I've ever even been on that road. I imagine there's a lot of stop and go. I think 84 most of the way is your best bet. You can fly at 75 right to Manchester. The split onto 291 is well before you'll feel any effects from Hartford traffic. Not sure how it is going by the airport. That might be a bit congested too. Going home after night skiing I'd go through Avon and Canton on 44 and hop on 84 in Hartford. Should be pretty smooth at that time.

awf170

Once Wachusett's bumps turn to crap about 2 days after they make them, I'll sure be ready to make the trip.

I keep telling myself they're making me a better skier. Most of the time though I just get so frustrated after 5 runs through them I just go home. So yeah, I think I'll make a trip down to Sundown. It is a 2 hour drive though so I'll probably just go once for one of the bigger meet ups. Though some free tickets might get me down there a few a more times. (hint hint Greg) :razz:

Zand

I think out of the 21 times I went to Wa last season, I skied good bumps 3 or 4. And they were there for about 12 of those trips.

I'd like to hit Sundown on a powder night so I can check out those killer woods. And unlike Wachusett, I won't have some patroller up my ass about it for the rest of the night...

Greg

Staff member
I can hardly wait for these. That is all.

Greg

Staff member
Sign me up for the 07-08 Sundown season. Probably will not make every week but should be in for most.

Cool!

blood01a.jpg

Greg

Staff member
Just an FYI. Pass prices remain the same this year. Weekend lift tickets go up $2 to $48 so I assume the other lift ticket prices may rise a bit too.

4 1/2 MONTHS! :spread: