Mount Snow 11/12/07 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Ok, some of my pics can be found at http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/th....php?album=108 here's some highlights:

Wow! You actually snapped as I pointed at you.

A 1 in a thousand shot!

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Ask and ye shell recieve, sorry I missed the face plant

Sweet! I need one of those Wide Load signs...
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Dodging all those gaper in starter jackets and jeans makes you very quick on your feet.

BTW, Andy: Did you try to catch everyone in their worst possible moment?! Our form is bad the first day, but not that bad!

Also, you owe me $3. I'm expecting it to be in the mail by 4pm today... Anyway, thanks for organizing the groups tickets. Did you end up selling the last two tickets?
    You're OK Austin.

And despite my occasional ball busting you're an excellent skier too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Dude I forgot it was your birthday. I know based on today's conditions it must have been a good b-day. I feel extra special seeing that I helped out the b-day boy who lost is stub. See you at Sundown.

Thanks for the stub, that was the strangest thing to have lost my ticket while out on the mountain, and it would have sucked to have had to buy another ticket. Wouldn't you know that such a thing would have happened on my birthday of all days. From now on I am keeping the stub with me after I buy my ticket.

I'll try my best to meet up with you guys at Sundown, but it will be alot harder as Warren now goes to school in coventry and I work in Bloomfield, so the drive to pick him up and then go back to sundown would be $$$$$$ in gas. I will probably do a few trips solo when they have a decent amount of the mountain opened, especially gunbarrel.
    Last edited by loafer89; Nov 13, 2007 at 10:52 AM.
    2016-2017 - 21 Days

It was great to get out and meet some new AZers. I was impressed my the quality of the snow for this early in the season. Thinking about heading back on Thursday. I did a few runs on Chute before lunch, it was nice but bumps aren't my thing and they wrecked me. Spent the afternoon cruising the main face until I left at 2. Awesome day.

Quote Originally Posted by loafer89 View Post
    Thanks for the stub, that was the strangest thing to have lost my ticket while out on the mountain, and it would have sucked to have had to buy another ticket. Wouldn't you know that such a thing would have happened on my birthday of all days. From now on I am keeping the stub with me after I buy my ticket.
    I also lost my ticket sometime during the first run. Fortunately nobody asked to see it for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    You're OK Austin.

And despite my occasional ball busting you're an excellent skier too.
    Thanks Jim. Also thanks to yesterday I figured out what I need to work on with my skiing. Even though I skied over 10 runs done Chute I didn't wipeout or even come close once. If you don't fall you aren't pushing yourself hard enough. At the Huntah gathering I will make it a point to ski a lot faster and harder. That basically what you told me yesterday, right? I wasn't really listening, but I think I heard you say something about how skiing faster improves your technique.

Even though I skied over 10 runs done Chute I didn't wipeout or even come close once. If you don't fall you aren't pushing yourself hard enough. At the Huntah gathering I will make it a point to ski a lot faster and harder. That basically what you told me yesterday, right? I wasn't really listening, but I think I heard you say something about how skiing faster improves your technique.
    I like the way you think Austin. BTW, that was one hell of a display you put on yesterday. Very good bump skiing.

Thanks Jim. Also thanks to yesterday I figured out what I need to work on with my skiing. Even though I skied over 10 runs done Chute I didn't wipeout or even come close once. If you don't fall you aren't pushing yourself hard enough. At the Huntah gathering I will make it a point to ski a lot faster and harder. That basically what you told me yesterday, right? I wasn't really listening, but I think I heard you say something about how skiing faster improves your technique.
    I told Greg that sometimes you have to slow down to speed up.

Slow down long enough to keep from flinging yourself down a line so you can smooth out and not be a rocket just deflecting bumps without any ski rotation.

Good bumpers have an awesome mix of quick complete turns and good A&E.

And you would enjoy watching a World Cup bump event live...those guys ski FAST.

From today's snow report:
    Quote Originally Posted by mountsnow.com
    Mountain operations is sticking to a minimal grooming plan......Chute is going to stay ungroomed for the true New England diehards.

That makes me want to go back tomorrow!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information