• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 11/12/07

loafer89

I just dropped off our ski's for a full service tune up to be ready for the season. We will not have our ski's back until monday which means a big dump in ski country before then:lol:

The guy in the shop knows me and was not suprised that we where skiing yesterday.

awf170

I told Greg that sometimes you have to slow down to speed up.

I was actually trying that towards the end of the day, and it seemed to work quite well. Though being a rocket just deflecting bumps is more fun.

I like the way you think Austin. BTW, that was one hell of a display you put on yesterday. Very good bump skiing.

Thanks Pat. I definitely want to get out with you once you get in shape and get those bumps ski mounted. I think you need to get up to MRG.

JimG.

Staff member
I was actually trying that towards the end of the day, and it seemed to work quite well. Though being a rocket just deflecting bumps is more fun.

That's the reason I said you're a good skier; you tucked in behind me those last couple of runs down Chute and stayed there. You never passed me and I was never really aware of you being there though I knew you were.

That kind of trust isn't too common for me regarding someone I'm skiing with the first day.

Zand

So hows the soreness going for everyone. My lower back is very stiff... just like it was after my day at Sugarbush last year. Ironically enough, that was my first time skiing bumps last year, a full 3 months later than this year. My legs surprisingly feel great though... already can't wait to get back out.

Greg

Staff member
So hows the soreness going for everyone.

My lower back is the worst which is a byproduct of crappy form, i.e. backseat. Quads are fine. Hamstrings are tight. My butt cheeks hurt too - TMI, I know....you asked...

Funny how this discomfort feels so good though!

Zand

My lower back is the worst which is a byproduct of crappy form, i.e. backseat. Quads are fine. Hamstrings are tight. My butt cheeks hurt too - TMI, I know....you asked...

Funny how this discomfort feels so good though!

Same for me regarding the back... although I think mine might also be caused by me bending forward too much at the waist and not at the knees in the bumps. I noticed this in the video when I compared me to everyone else.

Greg

Staff member
Same for me regarding the back... although I think mine might also be caused by me bending forward too much at the waist and not at the knees in the bumps. I noticed this in the video when I compared me to everyone else.

Shin pressure is very important, especially in the bumps.

JimG.

Staff member
I'm still fine...I think I was pretty sore already from raking leaves all weekend.

The skiing made me feel better, in more ways than one.

awf170

That's the reason I said you're a good skier; you tucked in behind me those last couple of runs down Chute and stayed there. You never passed me and I was never really aware of you being there though I knew you were.

That kind of trust isn't too common for me regarding someone I'm skiing with the first day.

Thanks Jim. That's really the only way I can keep my speed down. If there is no one in front of me I automatically ski at full speed. Hopefully at Hunter there will be plently of bumps so I can do a little of both. Actually screw bumps, I want woods skiing. :p

So hows the soreness going for everyone. My lower back is very stiff... just like it was after my day at Sugarbush last year. Ironically enough, that was my first time skiing bumps last year, a full 3 months later than this year. My legs surprisingly feel great though... already can't wait to get back out.

I feel perfectly fine, but you guys probably already knew that. Man I want to go back to Mt. Snow right now! Damn school.

Zand

Man I want to go back to Mt. Snow right now!

Never thought I'd hear you make that statement... in fact 2 years ago even I wouldn't have said that. Pretty easy to see that one good bump run sucks in AZ pretty good. Now we need MRG so we can have 40 good bump runs.

bvibert

Staff member
So hows the soreness going for everyone.

Pretty much every muscle in my legs is sore, even ones I forgot existed. Mostly my thighs though and yes my butt muscles too. My lower back is a little sore, but not really too bad at all. My shoulders and neck are a bit sore too. I guess you could say I feel like I had a good full body work out. :D

Grassi21

I had some soreness, compared to previous years it wasn't that bad. Then today I went out for a 4 mile walk, and well, that made things a bit worst. :)

Mainly my quads, but my neck is also pretty stiff.

I thought a little physical excursion might help. It helped to awaken those sore quads. I wanted to try out an agility/speed work-out last night that I'm putting together for the HS lax team. 45 minutes of high knees, shuffling, etc etc some drills stepping through the ladder. I was gassed We'll see how the kids respond to it on Thursday. I'll leading and participating in the twice a week conditioning sessions we run up until the start of the season. Should help with skiing too....

JimG.

Staff member
I had some soreness, compared to previous years it wasn't that bad. Then today I went out for a 4 mile walk, and well, that made things a bit worst. :)

Full workout this morning. I feel great.

Figuring out where I'll be skiing this weekend/Monday.