Mount Snow 11/12/07 - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    Yeah my body hurts in the wrong places. Not much burn in the quads but lower back and gluteous maximus pain.
    Do you know how to ski a groomer? The only time I ever see you is in the bumps, don't see you entering them, don't see you leaving them, just on them. It's like a Twilight Zone thingee.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Do you know how to ski a groomer?
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Chute was the place to be yesterday. I did not get bored running laps over there at all. The snow depth was truly impressive. Nice and soft, no hard pack, and ungroomed early season lovin'. Was Mount Snow spared much of the rain last night? Yesterday was the day to hit Chute. They'll probably be forced to groom it out soon.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Date(s) Skied: Monday, November 12, 2007, 9:50 am - 3:30 pm

Resort or Ski Area: Mount Snow, Vermont

Conditions: Manmade snow, bumps, hardpack. mostly cloudy. Cool, no wind.

Trip Report: Left the Waterbury area after dropping off the kids around 7:20 am and made it to Snow at 9:50. Saw JimG. skiing as I walked in. Told him I'd meet at the triple in a few.

Wasn't waiting long before Yooper showed up who I met at Sundown once a few seasons back. Chatted with him for a bit when austin arrived and eventually some others. After a few intros, we were off. Took a top to bottom on Canyon and Standard. A bit of hard pack on Upper Canyon, but smooth manmade the rest of the way. It took me a while to figure out the Cabrawlers; definitely different skiing. We all headed to the meet-up spot to meet the rest of the crew. At one point later in the day, Austin and I were trying to figure out how many people from AZ were there. Here's my best estimate (sorry if I miss anyone):

Zand
    Greg
    bvibert
    ALLSKIING
    JimG.
    andyzee + Vee
    roark
    mattchuck2 + friend
    Grassi21
    awf170
    2knees
    powhunter + Jonnypoach
    loafer89 + Warren
    180 + family
    skibum9995
    Yooper + daughter
    MrMagic

So 17 AZers plus friends/family. There was also other Hunter skiers that JimG. knew besides 180 + family. A large group of us hit Chute which was awesome. Sweet manmade snow with fun bumps and whales to play on. some funky lines, but still awesome skiing and a lot more of a challenge than I expected today. Sweet stuff! We banged out a few more Chute runs before lunch, then headed back down the base. I was starting feel a bit more comfortable on my skis.

We saw the rest of the crew at lunch and pretty quickly headed back up to the top and to Chute. I skied there the rest of the day finishing it off with a run with Zand and Austin. We then cruised it back to the base. finished at 3:30, rolling by 3:50 and home by 6:30. All in all the best first day of skiing I've ever head.

Good to meet some new AZers in Zand, mattchuck, Austin, skibum and MrMagic. Skiing with the rest of you is always a pleasure. There is definitely some skiing talent on this board. Can't wait for Hunter 12/14 now!

I encoded all the vid so I'll try to throw something together tonight. The crappy freeware encoder didn't do the best job, but you'll get the idea. I have to invest in a quality app to rip the DVD data to something I can use in WMM.
    Great day!

What a great crew! And the Hunter Crew made it even better.

Superior first day conditions. Mt. Snow deserves alot of credit. TONS OF GOOD MANMADE SNOW! Chute was tremendous. Got better and better as the day went on. I finally left Greg, Austin, and Zand when they went for their last run down Chute. I guess it was about 3:15...good thing because my legs felt like they were giving up on the way down Canyon. 6 hours of fairly continous skiing on variable and bumpy terrain was a great first day effort.

Feel good today...regular workouts for the past 60-70 days make a big difference.

I know I didn't get to talk to Loafer but I know I saw him because I recognize the pic of Warren. Next time Loafer. I think I did get to at least talk to and ski some with everyone else. Enjoyed finally meeting Zand, Austin, ALLSKIING, Mattchuck2 and friend, powhunter, Jonnypoach, skibum9995, Yooper, and MrMagic.

And so skiing 07/08 has begun.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Chute was the place to be yesterday. I did not get bored running laps over there at all. The snow depth was truly impressive. Nice and soft, no hard pack, and ungroomed early season lovin'. Was Mount Snow spared much of the rain last night? Yesterday was the day to hit Chute. They'll probably be forced to groom it out soon.
    Although I did get abused on that one run down Chute it was fun. I had one stretch of turns that felt pretty good. I would have stayed on Chute longer if my technique (or lack there of) allowed it. Letting the bumps tell you where to turn and not checking any speed leads to a not so graceful face plant. Did you get that shot andy? How about that close-up of my hind-quarters?
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Great day!

What a great crew! And the Hunter Crew made it even better.

Superior first day conditions. Mt. Snow deserves alot of credit. TONS OF GOOD MANMADE SNOW! Chute was tremendous. Got better and better as the day went on. I finally left Greg, Austin, and Zand when they went for their last run down Chute. I guess it was about 3:15...good thing because my legs felt like they were giving up on the way down Canyon. 6 hours of fairly continous skiing on variable and bumpy terrain was a great first day effort.

Feel good today...regular workouts for the past 60-70 days make a big difference.
    I believe, Jim get the consistent skier award, yet again. His precision on skis can be likened to that of a brain surgeon. Looked to be in mid-season form on day one. Thanks for the tips.

Great day indeed! Mount Snow and Peak resort should be very proud of this effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Although I did get abused on that one run down Chute it was fun. I had one stretch of turns that felt pretty good. I would have stayed on Chute longer if my technique (or lack there of) allowed it. Letting the bumps tell you where to turn and not checking any speed leads to a not so graceful face plant. Did you get that shot andy? How about that close-up of my hind-quarters?
    I'm glad you tried it and I'm glad I made the effort to ski it with you. I was tailing you at one point in the middle and you looked very, very good. This should be a breakthrough season for you.

It was great meeting all the new faces and and seeing those that I've met before again. I think the others have covered most of the AZer's that attended, but I didn't see anyone else mention that we also got to meet the infamous Luke, aka MountSnowReporter. For awhile it seemed like every run we ran into a some more AZer's!

Really great conditions all around, big props to Mount Snow!

I'm pretty sore and/or stiff all over today, but it's a good feeling!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Great day one. Nice to see the AZ's there. Next time we need to see your families too!

http://picasaweb.google.com/sheahunter1/MountSnow111207
    I showed my 11 and 13 year old sons the video...now they're sorry they didn't go.

This really sums up the job Mt. Snow did because my boys don't really like early season skiing...they say they get bored.

Nothing boring about yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Did you get that shot andy? How about that close-up of my hind-quarters?

Ask and ye shell recieve, sorry I missed the face plant

I'm glad you tried it and I'm glad I made the effort to ski it with you. I was tailing you at one point in the middle and you looked very, very good. This should be a breakthrough season for you.
    Thanks man. On the mainface I tried to hang with Skibum and Roark for some time. I saw them hauling tail and tried to keep pace with them. I never caught them but it was fun to point 'em down hill a bit and work on some larger radius turns.

Despite my lead legs I will be on the Skiers Edge today! Looking forward to the Hunter AZ gathering.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Thread Information